Competitive Start Fund (CSF)
The purpose of the Competitive Start Fund is to accelerate the growth of start-up companies that have the capacity to succeed in global markets. The fund is designed to enable those companies to reach key technical and commercial milestones.
Applicants to the fund should ideally be able to demonstrate the following:
- Be able to clearly demonstrate that product or service has reached MVP stage, and that the product is, at a minimum, live in beta.
- That the product or service has demonstrable customer validation with (trial and/or paying) customers.
- A fully articulated proposition addressing a clear gap in the market with market research conducted with customers / potential customers.
- Evidence of innovation, export potential and employment capacity. Clear market opportunity for the proposed product or service. Clear knowledge of the competitive landscape.
- Clear execution plan outlined, identifying suitable channels to international markets.
Assessments are undertaken on the applications submitted, it is important to note that the greater the progress the applicant has undertaken towards generating sustainable revenues the stronger the application. Applications from projects that are at idea, concept or design stage may be considered to require further development before applying for the competitive start fund.
Download Start-up Showcase Directory 2018
All applications to the Competitive Start Fund must be made via the Enterprise Ireland online application system during call open dates.
Upcoming Competitive Start Fund 2018 Call Dates
|Call No||Call Name||Call Open||Call Close|
|No. 50||All Sectors - with focus on ICT||23rd Jan||6th Feb|
|No. 51||Regional Entrepreneurship ||27th Feb||13th March|
|No. 52||Graduate Entrepreneurship||10th Apr||24th Apr|
|No. 53||Female Entrepreneurship (Call now Open)||1st May||15th May|
|No. 54||Fintech & Deep Tech (AI/ML, AR/VR, IoT, blockchain & cloud)||19th June||3rd July|
|No. 55||Marine & Agtech||10th July||24th July|
|No. 56||International Entrepreneurs||21st Aug||4th Sept|
|No. 57||Experienced Business Professionals||21st Aug||4th Sept|
|No. 58||All Sectors with focus on Manuf/Lifesciences/Renewables||18th Sept||2nd Oct|
Please note: call open and close dates outlined above are subject to change.
Key contact/more information
For more information on the Competitive Start Fund, please contact:
+353 1 727 2202 (9am - 5pm)
If you are not a client of Enterprise Ireland and want to learn more about qualifying and applying for Enterprise Ireland’s High Potential Start-Up supports, go to our Start a Business Section