These website(s) are partially compliant with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 level AA, due to the non-compliance(s) and/or the exemptions listed below.
Should you wish to contact us regarding accessibility please submit contact us form. We will do our utmost to ensure that any content you are requesting is made available and accessible.
We are continually working towards improving the accessibility compliance for our websites and will ensure to apply all accessibility standards to content being published on our websites going forward. In some cases, it may not be feasible to ensure full accessibility compliance on our websites. This may be a result of the dynamic nature associated with the content published on our websites.
The content listed below is currently non-accessible. However, we are working on the content below to ensure that they meet accessibility guidelines.
- Images: All images may not have alt text. Some images may have alt text which is insufficiently or incorrectly described or may be missing. This may hinder the use of assistive technology in understanding the content published on the website.
- PDF’s: We are working to ensure that our PDF documents are accessible. Some pdfs may have incomplete document properties sections, missing alt text, elements that are not tagged, and elements that are not nested.
- Excel: We are working to ensure that our excel sheets are accessible. Issues that may be found, include but is not limited to, merged cells, hard to read colour contrasting, and missing alt text.
- Word: We are working to ensure that our word documents are accessible. Issues that may be found, include but is not limited to, the usage of small font sizes, hard to read colour contrasting, images that are not inline, tables that do not have headers and missing alt text for some content on the document.
- Videos: We are working to ensure that videos are accessible. Issues that may be found, include but is not limited to, incorrect or missing captions/subtitles on videos, missing transcripts, and a lack or the unavailability of description for visual information on the video.
- Labels: Missing form labels on the website, which may hinder the use of screen readers on the website.
- Headings: Headings may not be identified using appropriate mark-up.
- Colour contrast: Some content on our website may be hard to read or understand due to low colour contrast. We are working to improve the colour contrast ratio.
- Empty links and buttons: There may be empty links and buttons on the website which may cause confusion for screen reader users.
This is not an exhaustive list of non-accessible content on our website. We are committed to continually improving the experience for everyone by addressing the issues and applying the relevant standards to our websites.
Content published prior to 23rd September 2018 is exempt under the EU Web Accessibility Directive. Enterprise Ireland is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for all individuals by making our websites as accessible as possible. Please contact Enterprise Ireland if there is inaccessible content that was published prior to 23rd September 2018 that you wish to receive in an accessible format. We will make every effort to assist you in this matter.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 14th February 2022.
In preparation for this statement an evaluation of the website’s compliance with the requirements of Directive (EU), 2016/2102 was carried out by way of a self-assessment by Enterprise Ireland against WCAG 2.1.
This assessment was carried out with the assistance of an independent accessibility expert.
The tools that were used to assess for accessibility include WAVE browser plugin, WebAIM's Contrast Checker, NVDA screen reader, and Chrome's developer tools.
The statement was last reviewed on 14th February 2022.
Feedback and contact information
Enterprise Ireland is committed to delivering accessible content for all users of our website. We want anyone who visits our website to feel welcome and find the experience rewarding.
If you wish to avail of content in an accessible format, please include the following details in your email:
- Your required format
- The content you wish to receive (please include the URL of the content)
- Your name and email address
We will make every reasonable effort to fulfil your request.
We welcome your feedback in relation to accessibility. If you have any comments or find any problems that are not meeting your requirements on accessibility, please submit contact us form.
Should you have any complaints in relation to our response to an accessibility issue, please contact:
The Office of the Ombudsman
6 Earlsfort Terrace,
Phone: 01 – 639 5600
For more information click here to visit the Office of the Ombudsman website.