Enterprise Ireland Action Plan for Women in Business
Enterprise Ireland recognises that Ireland’s economic success will be driven by optimising all our skills and talent through increasing the participation of women in entrepreneurship and business leadership.
To this end, Enterprise Ireland has developed a comprehensive six-year Action Plan for Women in Business, which was launched in January 2020.
The strategy is underpinned by four key objectives:
- Increasing the number of women-led companies growing internationally
- Increasing the number of women in middle and senior management and leadership roles in Irish companies
- Increasing the number of women becoming entrepreneurs
- Increasing the number of women-led start ups with high growth potential
Supports for women-led Start-Ups
Enterprise Ireland’s HPSU division supports client companies to start, scale and grow in international markets. A High Potential Start-Up is defined as a start-up venture that is:
- Introducing a new or innovative product or service to international markets.
- Involved in manufacturing or internationally traded services.
- Capable of creating 10 jobs in Ireland and realising €1 million in sales within 3 years of starting up.
- Led by an experienced management team.
- Headquartered and controlled in Ireland.
- Less than five years old from the date of your company’s registration.
Detailed information on supports and eligibility are available here
Contact the High Potential Start-Up team for any queries.
Capability Development Programmes for women entrepreneurs
Enterprise Ireland supports the provision of a number of capability-building programmes for women entrepreneurs.
Going for Growth
Exxcel Female Entrepreneurship at the Rubicon
Innovate Programme at Dublin BIC
Funding for women entrepreneurs
Women entrepreneurs are encouraged to apply for the Competitive Start Fund. Please see Competitive Start Fund (CSF) for further information on application dates and eligibility.
In addition, there is a Competitive Start Fund call specifically for women Entrepreneurs on an annual basis.
Comprehensive information, case studies and guidance to inform and prepare for the next call is available here.
Exporter stories from women entrepreneurs:
TeachKloud – Enabling educators with support from the CSF
Pharmapod leads the way in reducing medication errors and improving patient safety
Cutting costs and reducing food waste: Positive Carbon’s solution for the hotel industry
From idea to ambitious business: How the Competitive Start Fund helped Examfly take off