LeanPlus is a medium-scale business process improvement project facilitated/supported by one or more external Lean service provider(s).
The aim of the project shall be to improve productivity within the company through a focus on what brings value to the customer, including increased quality, reduced costs/waste and improved speed of delivery. The basis for a good project is to empower and engage the people in the company, by drawing on their skills and talents to embed continuous improvement systems.
The LeanPlus grant can be used to support specific process improvement activities across the organisation as outlined in the application from the company. Note that the output from a project must include a visible step up in terms of new production or delivery capability. The project must not be focused on routine operational changes.
Are there examples?
Examples of LeanPlus process improvements could include (but are not limited to);
- Identifying waste and reducing costs in your key processes through value stream mapping
- Improving lead times by optimising layout, workplace organisation and processes, information and materials flow
- Enhancing communications and teamwork through introduction of visual management systems throughout the organisation
- Improving quality through introduction of standardisation, structured practical problem solving and continuous improvement systems
- Increasing capacity at a reduced cost by implementing better processes to get the best out of equipment and systems (e.g. OEE, TPM, automation)
- Reducing cash flow costs by optimising inventory and stock forecasting through increased visibility and control to match customer demand
- Increasing profitability through improved product planning, scheduling and supply chain control systems in line with customer needs.
In order to support the change process within the company, the grant can also be used to cover part of the salary cost for up to 10 staff members working on the Lean project activities over the project duration.
Projects may vary in size and scope but will typically be 6-9 months in duration.
Am I eligible?
LeanPlus is open to SME’s and large companies that are Enterprise Ireland clients.
If you are interested in becoming an Enterprise Ireland client company, please click here.
LeanPlus is also open to HPSU clients on a limited basis, please discuss with your Development Adviser to check whether it is open to your company.
What costs are eligible and what is the maximum funding available?
Eligible costs include;
- External Consultancy Services provided by a suitable Lean Service provider. Supported daily rates for Lean Consultancy Services are capped at €900 per day inclusive of travel and subsistence and all out-of-pocket expenses. Note that actual costs to the company are based on market rates and may be higher.
- Salary costs for up to 10 staff members on the project team, based on actual base salary paid, subject to a maximum supported rate of €200 per person per day. Base salary excludes employer’s PRSI, overtime or any additional payment. The grant allows for a maximum of 250 days supported in total covering all team members with a maximum for any one person of 100 days.
- Salary costs can make up a maximum of 50% of the total project cost. The salary costs cannot be higher than the external consultancy costs.
Ineligible costs include;
- General Consultancy including Market research, IT implementation, Financial review and planning, HR consulting or Health and Safety training
- Capital equipment, materials or travel and subsistence costs
Enterprise Ireland will provide grant funding for 50% of the eligible project costs up to a maximum of €100,000 (€50,000 grant).
What are the call close dates?
There are no call close dates. The process is not competitive and is approved by Enterprise Ireland management.
How do I apply?
All applications for funding should be discussed with your Enterprise Ireland Adviser prior to submission.
You can apply via the Enterprise Ireland Online Application System (search under Business Process Improvement Grant)
The online application forms provide a step-by-step guide on how to complete each tab.
Prior to applying you must do the following:
If the company has already initiated a LeanPlus project before submitting an application to Enterprise Ireland, the application and associated expenditure will not be accepted.
If you have completed a LeanPlus project, details on the Claims process are available here
Key contact/more information
For more information, please contact your Enterprise Ireland Adviser.
If you are not a client, please contact your nearest Enterprise Ireland Regional Office.
For general enquiries about the Lean Business Offer, please email email@example.com