Lean Business Offer
Enterprise Ireland’s Lean Business Offer is designed to encourage clients to adopt Lean business principles in their organisation to increase performance and competitiveness.
Lean tools and techniques are helping companies across the globe to address competitiveness issues within their businesses by building the capability of their people to identify problems and improve operations.
The Lean Business Offer is made up of three levels of support:
Each level of support is characterised by increasing levels of capability in implementing Lean business principles and other best practice approaches to drive company awareness, adoption and integration of Lean tools and techniques.
Enterprise Ireland has supported hundreds of companies of all sizes and in all sectors from Engineering, Lifesciences, Food production to Services and Software development. Please see our directory of Case Studies for examples.
LeanStart provides an introduction to Lean concepts and allows you to gain an understanding of what the tools and techniques can do for your company in a short, focused engagement. Companies can apply for grant support towards the cost of hiring a Lean consultant/trainer to undertake a short in-company assignment which will;
- introduce Lean, Agile-Lean or related process improvement principles to a company,
- guide the implementation a specific improvement project to show the value of the approach, and/or,
- guide the development of a Lean / Organisational Innovation roadmap or action plan with a company (this should include an assessment or benchmark of the current situation).
Assignments will typically be carried out over eight to twelve weeks. Companies will be eligible to receive support for a maximum of seven consultancy days. Maximum funding is €3,150. For more detailed information or to apply, go to LeanStart.
Companies looking to undertake a Lean project over a medium-term period can apply to Enterprise Ireland for a Business Process Improvement Grant to support the costs of the LeanPlus Assignment. A LeanPlus assignment is a medium-term business process improvement project which will result in sustained use of Lean techniques and related methodologies by the company, and will achieve significant measurable gains in capabilities and competitiveness. The LeanPlus assignment should;
- deliver significant productivity improvement and cost reductions,
- embed a culture of business improvement and lean techniques to a cohort of trained staff, and
- introduce a programme to pursue company-wide improvement.
Assignments may vary in size and scope but will typically be completed within six months and will not exceed a total project cost of €100,000. For more detailed information or to apply, go to Business Process Improvement Grant.
LeanTransform is a large scale, extensive and holistic training programme which focusses on developing the capability and capacity of employees.
The objective is to support an Organisational Innovation programme focussed on;
- Improving the on-going flow of value to customers,
- Implementation of team based problem solving and continuous improvement & innovation activities,
- Continuous and shared learning,
- The identification and removal of wasteful activities in the business and supply chain,
- Leadership and management development to enable the alignment of operations to company strategy.
The result should be a company-wide transformation in culture and productivity performance. In order to build sustainable businesses that can grow into the future, a LeanTransform project is about investing in people and should lead to higher quality jobs as well as a productivity improvements.
Projects should also consider the environmental sustainability of the business and include training where appropriate to increase the agility and resilience of the company to environmental climate change impacts.
Projects may vary in size and scope but will typically be 12-24 months in duration.
For more detailed information or to apply, go to LeanTransform.
Lean Education and Training Providers
Enterprise Ireland recognises the importance of a formal and structured approach to certified education in Lean business principles and techniques. The Lean education courses are seen as a natural complement to the Lean Business initiative. Learn more about Lean Education and Training Providers.
For more information, go to LeanBusinessIreland.ie