Research, Development & Innovation (RD&I) Fund
What is the RD&I Fund?
The RD&I Fund supports the development of new or substantially improved products, services or processes which will have a competitive advantage in a company’s target market.
The development must involve;
- the resolution of some technical challenges,
- be non-routine and;
- represent a ‘step-up’ for the company in terms of the level of RD&I capability.
Enterprise Ireland funding to support companies is provided against an agreed company growth plan. Please contact your Development Adviser or the Client Relationship Team to discuss your project and see how Enterprise Ireland can work with you to ensure your company gets the most from any financial support.
Grant Rates & Support
- Grant rates 25% to 50% - dependent on a company size and inclusion of collaboration (see Business Innovation Initiative for collaborative projects)
- Grant support is provided for Projects between €300,000 to €3M.
Grant Rates & Support
Business Innovation Projects
- All registered companies that are trading with positive EBITDA (Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortisation).
- Existing staff costs / New staff costs
- Travel & Subsistence
- Patenting Costs
- Certification and clinical trials
- Capital depreciation
How do I apply?
Log on to Enterprise Ireland's online application system:
The online application forms provide a step-by-step guide on how to complete each tab.
The following documents are also required for a complete application:
If you have been approved RD&I Funding, details on the Claims Process is available here.
Not sure if your project is R&D?
Download our Outline Proposal template (.docx) and return to RandDOutlineProposals@enterprise-ireland.com to get an initial indication on the eligibility of one or several project(s).
Call close dates
The call close date is always the last working day of each month and must be submitted on or before 6pm. All applications will be subject to a technical and commercial assessment.
For general enquiries on the RD&I Fund, please contact:
+353 1 727 2120
For Agile Innovation projects, go to Agile Innovation Fund.