Third Level Clients - European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
1. ERDF Co-funded Programmes
Under the European Structural and Investment Funds 2014-2020 programme, the ERDF co-funded programmes in R&I are:
- Commercialisation Fund Programme
- Innovation Partnership Programme
- New Frontiers Programme
2. ERDF Requirements
In order to receive the co funding, all ERDF regulations need to be complied with:
The regulations, including the Common Provisions Regulation 1303/2013, along with the required logos and information and communication guidelines publicity can be downloaded from here.
Specifically, the responsibilities of the beneficiary (i.e. the HEI) with respect to information and communication on support from the funds are detailed in Article 115 and Annex XII of the Common Provisions Regulation 1303/2013.
The publicity requirements are detailed in the annex of your grant agreement and below.
At least one poster (minimum size A3), acknowledging the financial support from the European Union, should be displayed at a location readily visible to the public, such as the entrance area of a building or laboratory.
A poster is sent out to the PI with every newly approved project. Further posters and equipment labels can be requested. Please contact Marie Geoghegan, Enterprise Ireland:
Also note the requirement for acknowledgement of financial support from the European Union on presentations, brochures, web pages etc.
A list of beneficiaries is published in accordance with point 2.1 (d) of Annex XII of Commission Regulation (EU) No 1303/2013.
Should you have any queries in relation to ERDF co-funding of your project, please contact Marie Geoghegan, Contracts Unit.
- Ireland’s ESIF, ERDF and Enterprise Ireland Logos should be shown on all presentations, brochures, web pages etc. to acknowledge funding source.
- Where Logo’s are not permitted, written acknowledgement must be incorporated into any publication.
- Any capital equipment purchased for the project should be labelled acknowledging funding source as above. Please email: Institute.Contracts@enterprise-ireland.com and equipment labels can be forwarded for use.
- Please note the requirement for acknowledgement on the beneficiary’s website, reference 2.2.2(a) below.
- Please note the requirement for information posters, reference 2.2.2(b) below.
- Please note that where funding exceeds €500,000, a permanent plaque must be displayed acknowledging co-funding, reference 2.2.4 below.
- All publicity display material should be placed in a prominent position appropriate to the location of the research activity.
- All applications of the Enterprise Ireland logo require approval by the Corporate Marketing Department prior to going live with any media item.
Common Provisions Regulation (EU) 1303/2013
Annex XII – Information and Communication on support from the funds
The responsibilities of the beneficiary are detailed in Annex XII of the Common Provisions Regulation 1303/2013. The following is extracted from this.
2.2. Responsibilities of the beneficiaries
- All information and communication measures provided by the beneficiary shall acknowledge support from the Funds to the operation by displaying:
- (a) the Union emblem in accordance with the technical characteristics laid down in the implementing act adopted by the Commission under Article 115(4), together with a reference to the Union;
- (b) a reference to the Fund or Funds supporting the operation.
- Where an information or communication measure relates to an operation or to several operations co-financed by more than one Fund, the reference provided for in point (b) may be replaced by a reference to the ESI Funds.
- During implementation of an operation, the beneficiary shall inform the public about the support obtained from the Funds by:
- (a) providing on the beneficiary's website, where such a website exists, a short description of the operation, proportionate to the level of support, including its aims and results, and highlighting the financial support from the Union;
- (b) placing, for operations not falling under points 4 and 5, at least one poster with information about the project (minimum size A3), including the financial support from the Union, at a location readily visible to the public, such as the entrance area of a building.
- For operations supported by the ESF, and in appropriate cases for operations supported by the ERDF or Cohesion Fund, the beneficiary shall ensure that those taking part in an operation have been informed of this funding.
- Any document, relating to the implementation of an operation which is used for the public or for participants, including any attendance or other certificate, shall include a statement to the effect that the operational programme was supported by the Fund or Funds.
- During implementation of an ERDF or Cohesion Fund operation, the beneficiary shall put up, at a location readily visible to the public, a temporary billboard of a significant size for each operation consisting of the financing of infrastructure or construction operations for which the total public support to the operation exceeds EUR 500 000.EN L 347/458 Official Journal of the European Union 20.12.2013
- No later than three months after completion of an operation, the beneficiary shall put up a permanent plaque or billboard of significant size at a location readily visible to the public for each operation that fulfils the following criteria:
- (a) the total public support to the operation exceeds EUR 500 000;
- (b) the operation consists of the purchase of a physical object or of the financing of infrastructure or of construction operations.
The plaque or billboard shall state the name and the main objective of the operation. It shall be prepared in accordance with the technical characteristics adopted by the Commission in accordance with Article 115(4).