Overview of LeanTransform
LeanTransform is a large scale, extensive and holistic training programme which focusses on developing the capability and capacity of employees.
The objective is to support an Organisational Innovation programme focussed on;
- Improving the on-going flow of value to customers,
- Implementation of team based problem solving and continuous improvement & innovation activities,
- The identification and removal of wasteful activities in the business and supply chain,
- Leadership and management development to enable the alignment of operations to company strategy.
The result should be a company-wide transformation in culture and productivity performance including digitisation. In order to build sustainable businesses that can grow into the future, a LeanTransform project is about investing in people and should lead to higher quality jobs as well as productivity improvements.
Projects should also consider the environmental sustainability of the business and include training where appropriate to increase the agility and resilience of the company to environmental climate change impacts.
Projects may vary in size and scope but will typically be 12-24 months in duration.
Note that a LeanTransform project may be part of a wider Operational Excellence Offer project, that brings in Capital supports and implementation of an innovation project.
Am I eligible?
The LeanTransform grant is open to companies who:
- are existing and potential clients of Enterprise Ireland or Údarás na Gaeltachta (Small, Medium or Large).
- have the capability and commitment to successfully complete the LeanTransform assignment.
- do not already have a Lean project under way. A follow-on LeanTransform project MAY be approved subject to the project bringing the company on a further significant step up in terms of capability rather than effectively continuing on with similar or closely related work.
What costs are eligible?
Eligible Cost Elements
- Trainees' personnel costs for the hours during which the trainees participate in the training.
− Internal trainee time is based on actual pay rates subject to a cap of €350 per day.
- Trainers' personnel costs, for the hours during which the trainers participate in the training;
− Eligible external trainer costs are capped at €900 per day including expenses. Actual costs to the company are based on market rates and may be higher.
− Internal Trainer time is based on actual pay rates subject to a cap of €350 per day.
- Course costs for approved external courses that support the project goals.
- Travel & subsistence costs where applicable for company staff to attend training off-site, or to attend Lean Best Practice site visits to external organisations in Ireland or internationally as part of the training programme.
− Business Development, Sales or Conference travel is NOT eligible
- Materials costs are allowable where there are materials required for the training project that are not readily available. This can include;
− costs of specific workbooks or other non-routine training materials
− license costs for the use of software or e-learning/VR/AR content
Materials costs are not allowed for;
- general stationery (flip-charts, paper, photo-copying etc),
- costs for Learning Management platforms,
- the development of training content.
- Where approved by Enterprise Ireland, eligible costs can include rental costs of training facilities where it can be demonstrated that adequate facilities are not otherwise available to the company.
When designing your LeanTransform programme, it may be helpful to refer to the Sample Training Specifications for LeanTransform and Operational Excellence projects.
If any expenditure is incurred on the project prior to the Start-date (receipted application by the Enterprise Ireland Grant Applications department), the entire project will be deemed to be ineligible.
The proposed training costs will be assessed and approved by an Enterprise Ireland Lean Executive and approved costs contained in the grant Letter of Offer.
The percentage and level of funding will be determined on a case-by-case basis by the Enterprise Ireland Investment Committee. Maximum rates are 50% for a Large company, 60% for a Medium sized company and 70% for a Small company.
Receipt of other grants from Enterprise Ireland may impact on your eligibility for support under this initiative.
What are the call close dates?
There are no call close dates. The process is not competitive and is approved by the Enterprise Ireland Investment Committee.
How do I apply?
- LeanTransform project applications must be discussed with your Enterprise Ireland Adviser, prior to submitting a completed application form.
- Following this discussion, your Enterprise Ireland Adviser will arrange for you to receive an application form, if appropriate.
- The Enterprise Ireland Investment Committee will consider projects on a case-by-case basis.
If you are not already a client of Enterprise Ireland, please contact your Enterprise Ireland Regional Office.
Any expenditure incurred prior to receipt of a valid application by the Enterprise Ireland Client Service Unit will not be eligible for grant aid.
Please note that approval by Enterprise Ireland of any grant sought in this application shall be subject to Enterprise Ireland being satisfied:
(a) of the merits of providing grant support to the activity set out in the application.
(b) that the approval is in accordance with Enterprise Ireland policy.
(c) that the approval is in accordance with the relevant statutory requirements.
(d) that there are sufficient funds available to Enterprise Ireland.
Key contact/more information
For more information, please contact your Enterprise Ireland Adviser.
If you are not a client, please contact your nearest Enterprise Ireland regional office.
For general enquiries about the Lean Business Offer, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org