Job Expansion Fund (max €150,000)
Overview of the Job Expansion Fund
The aim of the Job Expansion Fund is to assist Enterprise Ireland client companies achieve enhanced growth through increased employment. The fund provides grant support up to a maximum of €150,000 towards the recruitment of new employees over and above a company's base employment position.
Am I eligible?
You are eligible to apply for the Job Expansion Fund if you are:
- A Small to Medium Sized Employer (SME) planning to increase your employment over your existing base employment.
- A manufacturing and/or an internationally traded services company
- have 10 or more full time employees at the time of application
- have been trading for at least 2 years
- Companies must be recruiting a minimum of 3 new (non-sales) employees per application.
- The new jobs must not result in displacement of existing jobs.
- There must be a minimum increase in turnover of €350,000 over the two years.
- The base number of jobs at date of application plus the New Jobs created must be retained for a minimum of three years from the date of last payment of the grant package.
What is the Maximum Funding Available
The maximum funding available per company application is €150,000. The maximum grant per employee may vary up to a maximum grant per employee of €15,000.
New “non sales” employees recruited after the project start date (i.e. the call close date for the Job Expansion Fund) are eligible for employment grant support. New employees must be recruited as full time employees (min. 37.5 hours per week) on a permanent full time contract or a minimum of 3 years fixed term contract of full time employment.
Ineligible Jobs – the following are ineligible for employment grant support under the Job Expansion Fund;
- Employees recruited/on the company payroll prior to the project start date.
- Employees based outside of Ireland
- Individuals who, at the point of claim, are engaged by the company but not issued with an eligible employment contract and paid via the company payroll e.g. agency staff or consultants.
- Employees transferred from another location to the grant aided company location.
- Employees performing a sales and marketing role for the grantee company.
- Employees grant aided under any other Enterprise Ireland employment grant e.g. Graduate for International Growth, Key Manager Grant.
- Employees supported under the Jobs Plus Programme administered by the Dept. of Social Protection.
Eligible Salary Costs
Grant is calculated based on a percentage of “Eligible Salary". Eligible salary is defined as the basic salary cost (less employer’s PRSI) of the new employee at the date of recruitment, as stated in the signed employment contract, net of pension, expenses, bonuses and commission.
How do I Apply?
You are strongly advised to consult with your Enterprise Ireland Adviser before submitting an application. If you are not a client of Enterprise Ireland, please contact your local Enterprise Ireland office to discuss eligibility criteria.
Applicants should download and read the Job Expansion Fund Reference Document .
Applications and associated documents must be submitted via email and include the following:
- Business Application Form
- Project Costs Sheet
- Payroll Listing for all employees at the company location seeking employment grant support at date of application [this should be printed/saved from the company's payroll records/system and submitted with your application. Note: Enterprise Ireland will also inspect the payroll records/system when the employment grant is being claimed and during an on-site employment grant re-inspection].
- A Financial Data Sheet (FDS) for all projects seeking grant support of over €100,000.
- Audited Accounts & Management Accounts (not required of the applicant has already submitted to their Development Adviser or has availed of Audit Exemption).
- Organisation Chart and Group Structure.
To be a valid application, a completed application form AND the project cost sheet must be submitted together by 6:00PM on the Call Close date to GAfirstname.lastname@example.org
Clients should note that this is not a secured e-mail transmission.
Receipt of applications will be acknowledged by Grant Applications (GA) within 3 days. If after this period you have not received acknowledgement then you should contact GA by e-mail: GAemail@example.com
Approval Process and Duration
The approval process takes circa 8 weeks. The projects are assessed by the Job Expansion Committee based on the company's application and financial information and a Commercial Assessment of the project. Further details on the commercial assessment are contained in the Reference Document.
Call Close Date
The Call close dates for 2018 are listed below:
- 13 Feb 2018
- 20 March 2018
- 17 April 2018
- 15 May 2018
- 19 June 2018
- 17 July 2018
- 14 Aug 2018
- 18 Sept 2018
- 16 Oct 2018
- 13 Nov 2018
- 11 Dec 2018
The deadline for applications is 6pm on the above date. Applications received after the 6pm deadline will not be accepted.
Clients of Enterprise Ireland should contact their Enterprise Ireland Adviser. If you are not a client of Enterprise Ireland, please contact your local Enterprise Ireland office to discuss eligibility criteria.
Enquiries relating to the submission of your application can be directed to:
Financial Products Helpdesk
+353 1 727 2799