Business Process Improvement Grant
Overview of the Business Process Improvement Grant
The Business Process Improvement Grant is used to support short to medium term company projects that are designed to develop management capability and drive company efficiencies and business process improvements. Improvement projects must address a clear business need and deliver a positive impact on your business. Projects must also demonstrate the potential to develop the knowledge and skills of the company's management team. The Business Process Improvement Grant can be used to support one of the following assignments;
- Lean Plus Assignment,
- E-Marketing Improvement Assignment or
- GreenPlus Assignment.
Lean Plus Assignment:
A LeanPlus assignment is a medium term business process improvement project which will result in sustained use of Lean techniques and related methodologies by the company, and will achieve significant measurable gains in company capabilities and cost competitiveness. The LeanPlus assignment should;
- deliver significant productivity improvement and cost reductions,
- embed a culture of business improvement and lean techniques to a cohort of trained staff, and
- introduce a programme to pursue company-wide improvement.
Clients will be expected to have prior experience of Lean projects. A LeanPlus assignment is one of three phases of Lean support offered by Enterprise Ireland. For more information, go to Lean Business Offer.
e-Marketing Improvement Assignment:
e-Marketing Improvement assignments are designed to develop and enhance your company's capability to use the internet as an effective channel for business development. Eligible assignments may include the following activities;
- Strategic review of existing online activities and development of your company's future online strategy.
- Understanding international best practice, effective tools and strategies in the area of e-Marketing.
- Embedding e-marketing practices and skills in your company by developing the capabilities of your staff.
Companies interested in undertaking an e-Marketing Improvement Assignment must complete an Internet Marketing Maturity Questionnaire in conjunction with Enterprise Ireland's Internet Marketing Unit. Please note that hardware, software or online advertising costs are not supported under this grant.
GreenPlus assignments are designed to assist companies to drive company environmental efficiencies and achieve improved sustainability. GreenPlus assignments may include;
- Understanding and embedding improved environmental management practices in your company.
- Assessing and applying international environmental best practices and standards.
- Other business process improvements with the potential to increase your company's environmental sustainability, minimise material and resource costs, minimise waste (water, energy, materials) and lead to improved company competitiveness.
Please note hardware, software or equipment costs are not supported under this grant. Projects designed to meet legally required environmental standards are not eligible for grant support. Certification or application costs relating to standards are also ineligible. Learn more about Enterprise Ireland supports for companies by visiting the Build a Green and Sustainable Business section of our site.
Am I eligible?
The Business Process Improvement Grant is open to all Enterprise Ireland clients or potential clients who have been trading for at least 5 years and who are engaged in manufacturing or eligible internationally traded services.
What costs are eligible and what is the maximum funding available?
Eligible costs include the cost of hiring external consultant/trainers. A company may also choose to allocate the costs of an internal company project champion/manager subject to Enterprise Ireland approval.
The maximum level of grant support is up to 50% of eligible costs incurred to a maximum grant of €35,000.
- Costs of hiring a specialist external trainer/consultant to input into or undertake the proposed Business Process Improvement Assignment are eligible.
- Consultancy rate per day to be inclusive of travel and subsistence and all out-of-pocket expenses.
- Max Consultancy rate is €900 per/day.
- Where more than one consultant is being used from the same firm the daily rate applies to the firm.
- Where there is more than one consultancy firm involved on the project, the rate applies to each firm separately.
|Internal Project Champion|
- An internal project champion is an Enterprise Ireland assessed and approved manager in your company who will be responsible for driving continuous measurable improvement and efficiencies relating to the Business Process Improvement assignment being applied for.
- Maximum of 1 internal champion allowed. Max support is up to €20,000 i.e. 100 days salary to a maximum daily rate of €200.
- Internal champion costs must not exceed external trainer/consultancy costs or €20,000 whichever is the lesser.
Receipt of other grants from Enterprise Ireland may impact on your eligibility for support under this initiative.
What are the call close dates?
There are no call close dates. The process is not competitive and is approved by Enterprise Ireland management.
How do I apply?
All applications for funding should be discussed with your Enterprise Ireland Adviser prior to submission. You can apply via the Enterprise Ireland Online Application System.
Prior to applying you must do the following:
Any expenditure incurred prior to receipt of the application by the Enterprise Ireland Client Service Unit will not be eligible for grant aid.
Please note that approval by Enterprise Ireland of any grant sought in this application shall be subject to Enterprise Ireland being satisfied:
(a) of the merits of providing grant support to the activity set out in the application.
(b) that the approval is in accordance with Enterprise Ireland policy.
(c) that the approval is in accordance with the relevant statutory requirements.
(d) that there are sufficient funds available to Enterprise Ireland.
Where can I find a Suitable Trainer/Consultant?
Lean Plus Assignments:
A Directory of Lean Consultants/Trainers interested in undertaking assignments under this initiative is maintained by Enterprise Ireland Lean Team. The directory includes a a list of each consultant/trainer and summary of their expertise and experience with Lean projects. A company may select a consultant/trainer from this directory, or it may select a consultant/trainer who is not. In either case, before the company applies for funding, sufficient information must be provided to Enterprise Ireland to demonstrate that the proposed consultant/trainer is qualified to carry out the proposed work and has previously carried out similar assignments satisfactorily. Please ensure you carefully read the Guidelines for Use of Lean Directory [excel format] prior to selecting from the list of consultants/trainers.
e-Marketing Improvement Assignments:
A panel of e-marketing consultants interested in undertaking assignments under this initiative has been assembled by Enterprise Ireland. Companies applying for support for an e-marketing assignment may choose to select a trainer/consultant of their choice from this panel. However, the fact that a consultant is included on the panel does not guarantee that the consultant is suitable for your particular assignment. Alternatively, you may seek to employ a trainer/consultant who is not on the panel. Companies who hire a trainer/consultant who is not on the panel will be asked to provide sufficient information, in their grant application, to demonstrate that the consultant they propose to use has previously carried out similar assignment(s) satisfactorily. For further information, go to Internet Marketing Unit.
A Directory of Environmental Consultants/Trainers interested in undertaking assignments under this initiative is maintained by Enterprise Ireland Green Team. The directory includes a list of each consultant/trainer and summary of their expertise and experience with Green projects. A company may select a consultant/trainer from this directory, or it may select a consultant/trainer who is not. In either case, before the company applies for funding, sufficient information must be provided to Enterprise Ireland to demonstrate that the proposed consultant/trainer is qualified to carry out the proposed work and has previously carried out similar assignments satisfactorily. Download the GreenPlus Assignment Guidelines.
Disclaimer: Enterprise Ireland does not give any warranty, either express or implied, as to the qualifications or suitability of any of the persons on the list of consultants/trainers and Enterprise Ireland will not be liable for any loss and/or damage caused by a company’s decision to retain the services of such a consultant/trainer.
For more information, contact your Enterprise Ireland Adviser. If you are not a client of Enterprise Ireland please contact your local Enterprise Ireland regional office.