Lean Transform Training Grant Claim Forms
Step 1 - Arrange a Training Validation Visit
N.B. Before you submit your training grant claim, you MUST have had a visit from the Enterprise Ireland Training Validation Officer to review the training records for your claim.
If you have not yet arranged a visit, please request a visit by e-mailing Lean@enterprise-ireland.com and including the
- Project Number(s) and
- Contact details for the person preparing the claim.
Step 2 - Checklist
Complete the Claims Checklist for each claim and submit with all required documents.
If any of the required documents are missing, the claim will be returned.
Lean Transform Training Checklist (.doc)
Step 3 - Company Forms
Training Grant Claim Forms (.xlsx)
Training Directors Statement (.doc) (Please use a separate Directors' Statement for each project number approved).
Training Progress Report (.docx)
Training Notes (.doc)
Step 4 - Independent Accountants Report
Independent Accountant’s Report
All claims in respect of grants approved in excess of €400,000 must be certified by an Independent Accountant. Enterprise Ireland still reserves the right to request a claim to be certified by an Independent Accountant where deemed necessary and may withhold payment of the claim until such request has been complied with.
If your claim requires certification, it must be certified (signed and dated) by an Independent Accountant on their headed paper. Please download and send the M45 Independent Accountants Report to your Independent Accountant for completion.
Note that their report should certify the Details (Date of, project number(s) and expenditure amount) as outlined on the Directors Statement relating to claim.
M45 Independent Accountants Report (.doc)
Step 5 - Submit Claim
Submit your claim to Enterprise Ireland by email to IndustryGrantClaims@enterprise-ireland.com
** Please note that as of 24/03/2020 claims are no longer being accepted by post.
- Remember, when emailing, to include your Company Name and Project Number in the Subject Line.
- Use your Client Number (CES ID) number when encrypting files. Your CES ID number can be found in “Schedule A” of your company’s Letter of Offer.
What happens next
- The claim will be assigned to a Payment Officer, who will review the documentation to ensure that all required forms and documentation is included. If any required information is missing the Payment Officer will: 1) suspend the claim and request outstanding information or 2) if significant documentation is missing or the Final Claim Date has expired, the claim may be returned as invalid.
- If all is in order, the claimed expenditure and associated supporting documentation will be passed to the inspection team who will be in contact with you to organise an online meeting with your company to validate your claim. Due to ongoing pandemic restrictions a physical site visit will not take place.
- The inspector will discuss the outcome of the validation with you and will instruct the Payment Officer to pay or disallow the claim depending on their findings.
- The Payment Officer completes the authorisation of the claim and submits a payment request to our Finance Department.
- A letter will issue via email from Grant Payments - Industry with details of the approved payment and advising that payment will follow shortly to the Grantee Company’s bank account.
For more information, see: Lean Business Offer