IP Start Grant Claim Forms
The IP Start Grant will cover a portion of the cost of employing an IP advisor for a short engagement (up to 4 months) to raise awareness and address immediate IP issues linked to an Enterprise Ireland supported Research, Development and Innovation (RD&I) project. The primary focus of the grant is to support companies to assess the technical feasibility of potential R&D.
Please complete the following steps in order to claim your grant.
All forms must be SAVED, TYPED, PRINTED and then POSTED to Enterprise Ireland.
Step 1 - Review Letter of Offer (i.e. Grant Agreement)
Review your Letter of Offer. This will confirm the Title of the Grant that you were approved, the Project Number of the Grant, the expenditure type and amount that was approved and the Final Claim Date (i.e. the last date by which all expenditure must be incurred, and a valid claim submitted to Enterprise Ireland).
Please note, that you can make one claim against this Grant.
Step 2 – Download and Review the Grant Claim Checklist
Complete the Checklist for the claim and submit with all required documents.
If any of the required documents are missing, the claim will be returned.
IP Start Grant Claim Checklist [Word format]
Step 3 – Download and Complete the Required Forms
IP Start Grant Claim Form [Excel format]
IP Start Directors Statement [Word format]
Prior to the submission of the claim, a Progress Report must be submitted by email to IPStrategy@enterprise-ireland.com for clearance.
IP Start Progress Report template [Word format]
Enterprise Ireland makes all payments by Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT). Bank Details for Payment by EFT [Word format] - only required if you are a first-time Grantee OR if you have not previously provided bank details to Enterprise Ireland’s Finance Department for Electronic Fund Transfers (EFT).
Step 4 - Submit Claim by Post
Once the claim has been prepared, please submit along with the completed IP Start Grant Claim by post - before the Final Claim Date to:
Grant Payments - Industry
East Point Business Park
What Happens Next - Claim Processing by Enterprise Ireland Grant Payments
- The claim will be assigned to a Payment Officer, who will review the documentation to ensure that all required forms and documentation is included. If any required information is missing the Payment Officer will: 1) suspend the claim and request outstanding information or 2) if significant documentation is missing or the Final Claim Date has expired, the claim may be returned as invalid.
- If all is in order, the claimed expenditure and associated supporting documentation will be desk inspected.
- Based on the report already submitted by you and/or the IP Advisor (consultant) to the IP Strategy Manager, the Manager will review the report and instruct the Payment Officer to pay or disallow the claim depending on their findings.
- The Payment Officer completes the authorisation of the claim and submits a payment request to our Finance Department.
- A letter will issue via email from Grant Payments - Industry with details of the approved payment and advising that payment will follow shortly to the Grantee Company’s bank account.
For more information, refer to Intellectual Property Strategy Offer.