Enterprise Ireland and Tourism Ireland collaborate with QVC to showcase Irish design and Ireland to US audiences
31st August, 2021
Irish-made products from some of Ireland’s most notable brands will be shared via live broadcast to millions of consumers in the USA
Enterprise Ireland and Tourism Ireland are collaborating with QVC, a world leader in multiplatform video commerce, on three live ‘Made in Ireland’ shows that will reach millions of US customers across QVC’s TV broadcasts, streaming service, mobile apps, social pages, and website in the US. The shows will deliver an important platform and selling opportunity for Irish craft producers, while also showcasing the island of Ireland.
This year, QVC’s ‘Made in Ireland’ broadcasts will take place at Ballyseede Castle in Tralee, Co. Kerry on 7 and 8 September and will feature Irish-made apparel, jewellery and homewares from some of Ireland's most notable brands, including West End Knitwear, Aran Craft, Connemara Marble, Charles Gallen, Killarney Crystal, and Fadó.
Enterprise Ireland and Tourism Ireland collaborated with QVC earlier this year to deliver a co-production for QVC’s 32nd St. Patrick’s Day ‘Made In Ireland’ broadcast, live from Ashford Castle in Co. Mayo.
Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment, Leo Varadkar TD said: “This is a fantastic opportunity for Irish entrepreneurs to showcase their products to a huge audience. Irish-made goods are renowned the world over for their classic design, craftsmanship, sustainability and quality. The QVC ‘Made in Ireland’ broadcasts will reach an audience of millions. That’s incredible and will allow featured Irish brands raise their profile, increase sales, maximising the potential for growth and further job creation. It’s also a great opportunity to promote Ireland as a tourist destination.”
Mary Campbell, Chief Content, Digital, and Platforms Officer, QVC US said: "We’re excited to work with Enterprise Ireland and Tourism Ireland on these innovative livestream shopping experiences. We are constantly developing fresh programming with exciting products to delight our passionate community of engaged customers, and these ‘Made in Ireland’ broadcasts are a wonderful addition to our lineup. We look forward to showcasing the best of Irish design and celebrating our Irish vendors and the beautiful landscape of the country throughout the year.”
Leo Clancy, CEO of Enterprise Ireland said: “Enterprise Ireland has a long-standing relationship with QVC, which provides an important and unique platform to showcase Irish craftmanship to audiences in the USA. QVC is one of the biggest buyers of Irish-made items worldwide, delivering huge exposure and sales potential to the featured brands. For Irish vendors that secure the highly sought-after slots on the shows, it represents significant value. Broadcasting the QVC ‘Made in Ireland’ shows live from Ireland brings an even more authentic Irish experience to viewers and we are delighted to collaborate with Tourism Ireland and QVC to make this happen.”
Niall Gibbons, CEO of Tourism Ireland said: “Tourism Ireland is delighted to collaborate with Enterprise Ireland and QVC once again, to deliver this series over the coming year. As well as showcasing our unique and authentic crafts, the shows will shine a spotlight on the island of Ireland, reminding millions of viewers across the US about our rich culture and heritage, our spectacular scenery and fantastic accommodation options and will help ensure that Ireland stays ‘front of mind with prospective visitors.”
Notes to Editor
About Ballyseede Castle
Ballyseede Castle, one of the best-known castle hotels in Ireland, has a history dating back to the 1590s. Set in thirty acres of native woodland in the heart of Kerry, the castle which is family-run, has been wonderfully transformed into a luxurious hotel.
Ballyseede Castle has 39 elegant bedrooms located over three floors, all within the original castle.
Ballyseede Castle is in Tralee, Co. Kerry, in south-west Ireland - one of the most popular destinations in the country.
Ballyseede Castle is ideally located for touring both the Ring of Kerry and the Dingle Peninsula, two of the most scenic areas in Ireland.
Enjoy the breath-taking and ever-changing scenery around the Lakes of Killarney, the Macgillycuddy Reeks and the Atlantic shoreline.
Nearby Skellig Michael shot to fame in late-2017 after featuring heavily as Luke Skywalker's hideaway in Star Wars - The Last Jedi. Rising 714 feet above the Atlantic Ocean, the UNESCO World Heritage site served as a Gaelic Christian monastic settlement around the 6th - 8th century. Boat tours run to the island from late March to early October each year.
The Irish producers to be featured with QVC’s ’Made in Ireland’ shows:
- Aran Craft
- Charles Gallen
- Fisherman Out of Ireland
- Connemara Marble
- JMH Jewellery
- Killarney Crystal
- West End Knitwear
About Tourism Ireland
Tourism Ireland is the organisation responsible for promoting the island of Ireland overseas as a leading holiday destination.
- In 2019, we welcomed almost 11.3 million overseas visitors to the island of Ireland, delivering revenue of over €5.8 billion.
- Tourism Ireland's international website is www.ireland.com, 33 market sites available in 30 different countries in 11 language versions around the world.
About Enterprise Ireland
- Enterprise Ireland is the Irish Government's trade and innovation agency.
- We invest in the most innovative Irish companies through all stages of their growth and connect them to international customers across multiple industries.
- Our goal is to build successful, long-term business relationships between international companies and Irish partners.
- With 40 offices worldwide, Enterprise Ireland's teams of industry experts consult with international businesses to understand and solve their business needs.
About the Irish Vendor Business at QVC US
- At one time, QVC was the #1 purchaser/vendor/importer of Irish goods in America.
- The majority of QVC's Irish product is developed especially for QVC, enabling new product debuts, unique item configurations, and pieces created in special colors.
- Sales from the Irish business come from two major event days: St. Patrick's Day in March and Rose of Tralee in September.
- QVC’s sweater vendors (Aran Craft and Kilronan) ship more colors of their sweater styles to QVC than any other retailer.
- QVC offers a diverse assortment of products – ranging from traditional Irish sweaters to pottery, art and photography, hand-painted collectibles – one of the most diverse offerings we offer in a program.
- QVC currently works with approximately 25 unique Irish vendors. Some of these vendors have been with us since the beginning of QVC introducing the Irish programming.
- QVC works with all types of vendors from very small companies that work out of their garages, only producing a few hundred pieces to national brands like Waterford and Belleek.
QVC delivers the joy of discovery through the power of relationships. Every day, QVC engages millions of shoppers in a journey of discovery through an ever-changing collection of familiar brands and fresh new products, from home and fashion to beauty, electronics, and jewelry. Along the way, QVC connects shoppers to interesting personalities, engaging stories, and award-winning customer service.
Based in West Chester, Pa., and founded in 1986, QVC has retail operations in the U.S., the U.K., Germany, Japan, and Italy. Worldwide, QVC engages millions of shoppers via 12 broadcast networks and multiple streaming services, websites, mobile apps, and social pages.
To learn more, visit corporate.qvc.com, follow @QVC on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter, or follow QVC on Pinterest, YouTube, or LinkedIn.
Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB, QRTEP) includes QVC, HSN®, Zulily® and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail GroupSM”), as well as other minority interests and green energy investments.
Qurate Retail Group believes in a Third Way to Shop® – beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. In addition to being a world leader in video commerce,
Qurate Retail Group is among the top 10 ecommerce retailers in North America (according to Digital Commerce 360) and is a leader in mobile commerce and social commerce.
For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com, follow @QurateRetailGrp on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, or follow Qurate Retail Group on YouTube or LinkedIn. QVC and Q are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.
For further information, please contact: