HPSU SPRINT Investor Ready Programme
SPRINT is designed specifically for pre-investment High Potential Start-Up (HPSU) clients who are seeking seed investment in the next 6-9 months. It is an intensive 3-day programme which focuses on the key elements of a successful investor proposition - sales strategy, the financial model and funding options.
Who should attend?
SPRINT is open to Enterprise Ireland HPSU clients. Please check with your Development Adviser (DA) before making an application to participate.
Founders are given a deep understanding of: -
- the sales strategy and the importance of validating the business through sales
- the importance of having a robust financial model and being able to discuss the financial model with investors
- how to develop a funding strategy, the funding mix and the different funding options available including UK funding.
All participants will present their investor pitch on the final day and be given feedback from an experienced seed investor panel.
Tools & Templates used:
- Business Model Canvass
- Value proposition canvass
- Sales pitch deck template
- High level sales plan template
- Competitor analysis matrix
- High level financial planning template
- Investor pitch deck template
SPRINT is a 3-day programme, run across three consecutive weeks. The programme is delivered in a workshop style with a high degree of interaction between participants and facilitators.
Over the 3 weeks there are a number of pre-work assignments which all participants are expected to complete and present to the group for feedback:
A number of expert guest speakers will speak to participants including CEO founders who are further along the journey and potential funding sources including VC, Angel and tax-based funding experts.
The learnings from SPRINT come from listening to subject matter experts and seasoned entrepreneurs as well as group discussions with other participants who are facing similar startup challenges.
Cost is €125 per company for up to 3 participants to include all course material.
How to apply
SPRINT will be running again in 2022. All participants should ensure that they are available to attend the full 3-days of the programme, which will take place on:
|Wednesday 14th September|
Wednesday 21st September
Wednesday 28th September
To receive communication about future Sprint Programmes, please contact your Development Adviser or email Nicole Greenan for more information.
What past participants say about SPRINT
- "The SPRINT programme has changed my business in every way. Before we started the programme we were given a Business Model Canvas (BMC) to complete which really helped me take a helicopter view of my business. We tackled the BMC on the first day and I now have it hanging on my office wall. It has really helped me focus." Martin O’Connell, Nasal Medical.
- “SPRINT was a great help to House My Dog. Throughout the programme we received a crash course in building your business, pitch and financials. We connected with key people to focus on our weakest areas and have since seen a big impact on our growth. We would recommend all Irish startups to take part in the programme." James McElroy, House My Dog.
- "The SPRINT programme has been invaluable for giving us real focus within the business and accelerating us to revenue stage. The programme was much more interactive and engaging than any other programme I'd been on before. Each topic was discussed in relevance to our business and this is what made it so beneficial”. Sophie Morris, POLR.
Irish startups share their experiences
SPRINT is delivered in partnership with the Dublin Business Innovation Centre (Dublin BIC) who work with entrepreneurs to start and scale through the Guinness Enterprise Centre, HALO Business Angel Network and its Investor Ready Programme.
For further details, please contact: