Technology Gateway Programme
Programme Launch : Wednesday 2nd May 2018
The Enterprise Ireland Technology Gateway Network will be formally launched by John Halligan, TD, Minister of State for Training, Skills, Innovation, Research and Development on Wednesday 2nd May 2018 in the Carlton Dublin Airport Hotel between 9am-12pm.
Enterprise Ireland’s Technology Gateway Network was established to increase the level of interaction between the Institutes of Technology and Industry in Ireland. The network consists of 15 industry focused Gateways based in 11 Institutes of Technology spread across the country.
The programme represents an €26.75 million investment by Enterprise Ireland over the 5 year period 2018 to 2022. Each Gateway delivers technology solutions for industry through innovative collaborative projects and provides:
- An open access point for industry providing technology expertise which is industry relevant.
- Technology solutions for the close-to-market needs of Irish industry.
- Regionally based Gateways acting as a portal to the nationwide expertise in the Technology Gateway Network and the wider Irish Research Infrastructure.
- Ongoing development of the Gateway’s technology offer to industry with the assistance of an industry led steering committee.
The launch will showcase the technology solutions offered by each Gateway, provide specialised presentations and case studies from a range of companies who have collaborated with the Enterprise Ireland Technology Gateway Network and offer an opportunity to network and meet with the Technology Gateway teams to discuss the various funding mechanisms available to your company for Research, Development & Innovation.
A networking lunch will be provided.
Overview of Technology Gateway Network
Enterprise Ireland in partnership with the Institutes of Technology has established a nationwide network of 15 Technology Gateways which:
- Deliver technology solutions for Irish industry close to their market needs.
- Are open access points for industry of all sizes.
- Act as local access points to the wider resources in the Irish research infrastructure.
- Have a proven track record of delivering for industry.
- Completed more than 2,750 industrial projects since 2013.
- The total value of these projects is in excess of €15 M with 46% of the total directly coming from industry.
Accessing the Technology Gateway Network - A Guide for Companies [Enterprise Ireland]
Technology Gateway Network
Access the Technology Gateway Network to see how the Gateways can help you today to build your company for the future. For information on how to find the right solution provider for your company, contact your local Gateway Manager or the Enterprise Ireland Technology Gateway Team.
Knowledge Transfer Ireland takes a national perspective on the knowledge transfer (KT) system in Ireland. KTI works with business, investors, universities, Institutes of Technology, State research organisations, research funders and government agencies to maximise State funded technology, ideas and expertise getting into the hands of business to drive innovation. Details available on the Knowledge Transfer Ireland website.
Additional Funding for Existing Gateways
Existing Gateways that are substantially exceeding their agreed contractual targets (>120%) are invited to submit applications for additional resources. These resources are offered to help grow the number of interactions between the Gateways and industry. Gateway Managers should contact the Enterprise Ireland Technology Gateway Team to discuss their eligibility in the first case. Eligible applicants will then be asked to fill out an appropriately modified Stage 2 application form. This is an open call.
Technology Gateway Programme Guidelines
For further information on Technology Gateways, please contact: