Enterprise Ireland is pleased to announce a second call for applications from members of the Technology Gateway and Technology Centre programmes under the 2021 Capital Equipment Fund. To be eligible, applications should be made using the attached form and should be sent to GA-CapitalCall2021@enterprise-ireland.com to arrive no later than 12pm (noon) on Wednesday the 18th of August 2021.
As before, the purpose of the funding is to increase interaction of the Technology Gateways and Technology Centres with industry in Ireland. Therefore, the intended outcomes should include, but not be limited to:
- More companies engaging in R&D
- Pilot manufacturing capability for new product / process development
- Enhanced technology validation and testing capabilities
- Test bed generation
- Enhanced training potential for key industry staff on emerging technologies
Applications may be made under either of the following 2 streams:
- Stream 1 – Well established equipment with a clear industrial need (as per the previous calls).
- Stream 2 – Emerging technologies that are not currently well established, but that are still driven by a clear industrial need.
Each eligible Technology Gateway or Technology Centre will be limited to a maximum of 3 applications.
- The call is restricted to members of the Enterprise Ireland Technology Gateway and Technology Centre programmes.
- The successful proposal must possess a strong track record of industry engagement and demonstrate a significant industrial need for the new equipment.
- The host institute must provide space for the equipment and confirm that it will insure, service and maintain the equipment according to international standards.
- Individual applications will be restricted to sums greater than €25,000 and less than €250,000 (more costly items may be considered on an exceptional basis).
Closing Date for Applications
The closing date for applications is 12pm (noon) on Wednesday the 18th of August 2021. One signed electronic copy to be sent to GA-CapitalCall2021@enterprise-ireland.com to arrive before the closing date.
All queries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A recording of the information webinar held on the 9th of July, 2021 can be found here >>>
Overview of Technology Centres
The Technology Centre programme is a joint initiative between Enterprise Ireland and IDA Ireland. It allows Irish companies and multinationals to work together on market focused strategic R&D projects in collaboration with research institutions.
The 8 Technology Centres in the programme are resourced by highly-qualified researchers who provide a unique ecosystem for collaboration in areas identified, by industry, as being strategically important.
To find out more, click on the button for the Technology Centre of interest to you.
Download Technology Centres Brochure 2020
For more information on the Technology Centres Programme, please contact: