Eirecomposites | Ireland's Space Industry Directory
IRELAND'S SPACE INDUSTRY DIRECTORY
Office Location & Contact Details
Údarás Industrial Estate
An Choill Rua
ÉireComposites Teo. is an innovative design, manufacturing and testing company, involved in lightweight, high performance, fibre-reinforced composite materials, with an international customer base in space, aerospace and industrial composites.
- Satellite Technology
ÉireComposites offers its customers an integrated service including accredited design, innovative tooling, manufacturing and testing in a single organisation. The company is delivering composite components and assemblies for international aerospace programmes, and participates in important European Union R&D programmes in the aerospace sector.
Aerospace customers include Airbus, Bombardier Aerospace, Aernnova and material suppliers such as Cytec, Hexcel, ACG etc.
Main Space related products, services and projects
Aerospace processes include layup and autoclave manufacturing of thermoset prepregs, Resin Transfer Moulding (RTM) of thermoset composites and press-forming of thermoplastic composites. Ancillary processes include C-Scan non-destructive testing, trimming, secondary bonding/assembly and painting and finishing.
- 2.5m diameter x 6m long autoclave and a 250m2 cleanroom.
- 100 tonne double-daylight press, platen sizes 1.5m x 0.5m, 450ºC.
- 1.5m diameter x 3.0m long autoclave, 10 bar pressure, 4000C.
- 80 tonne single-daylight press, platen sizes 1.0m x 1.0m, 200ºC.
- Infrared rapid heating system for press-forming of thermoplastic composites.
- 0.6m diameter x 1.2m experimental autoclave, 20 bar pressure, 450 ºC.
- RTM machines: single & multi-part systems, pressure-pot system, up to 120ºC.
- Refrigerated store - calibrated to aerospace standards.
- Calibrated aerospace oven, 2.0m x 2.0m x 2.0m, 2000C.
- Paint booth - calibrated to aerospace standards.
- Grit blasting unit - calibrated to aerospace standards.
- 1m2 Midas NDT Ultrasonic C-span.
The company is engaged in several ESA and industry-funded research and development activities focused on the application of novel thermoplastic composites (TPCs) and processes to space structures. The aims are to provide a) Lower-cost, out-of-autoclave manufacturing methods for large TPC structures; and b) Lower-mass, highly-engineered TPC replacements for complex metal structures.
The company operates from a 6,000 sq. metre facility in Galway, Ireland, and is accredited to Nadcap, EN/AS 9100 and ISO 9001-2000 for composites design, manufacturing and non-destructive testing. Subsidiary company, Composites Testing Laboratory, is accredited to ISO 17025 for testing of composite materials and structures.
Back to: Ireland's Space Industry Directory home