SpaceInc Ireland - Establishment of a European Space Agency Business Incubator in Ireland
Call for Expressions of Interest
- ESA Business Incubation Centre in Ireland
Ireland has been a member of the European Space Agency (ESA) since its foundation in 1975. Irish industry is benefitting from Ireland’s ESA membership through supporting in-company product development for the space market and commercial spin-out of space technologies into non-space markets.
There is now an opportunity to develop an ESA Business Incubation Centre (BIC) in Ireland to provide an important opportunity to develop new companies in this economical advantageous area. The additional benefit to be offered to Irish industry by an ESA BIC would include:
- Provide access to knowledge resources within ESA, including knowledge of technical standards, system specifications as well as highly specific market knowledge of the space sector, including linkages to space system integrators.
- Provide access to finance to start-up companies.
- Allow firms exploit the profile and enhanced credibility of being associated with ESA and “space”.
Expressions of Interest are being sought from entities in Ireland to manage the delivery of ESA BIC services in Ireland under contract to ESA. These services include:
- Provision of incubation space to co-located incubatees.
- Provision of access to start-up finance through existing start up funding measures.
- Provision of access to business start up and development knowledge and resources.
- Facilitating access to knowledge and technical resources within ESA and wider European space community.
- Managing the development of interactions with other key players in the space community.
- Provision of access to complementary technical resources and facilities as may be required by the start up companies, including Technology centres and other research facilities.
Recognising that such companies may establish in any part of Ireland, it is envisaged that the selected ESA BIC Ireland management entity would offer ESA BIC support services to a range of start-up companies, including companies that are located outside of the host incubator.
The selected entity will be required to appoint an ESA BIC Centre Manager, subject to acceptance by both Enterprise Ireland and ESA.
- Download Guidelines for Applicants
- Download Expression of Interest Form
Queries and completed Expressions of Interest forms can be submitted to: ESABIC@Enterprise-Ireland.com
Call Closing Date
This Call is open until Wednesday 7th January, 2015.
+353 1 727 2464
Back to: ESA homepage