Clinical Innovation Award 2019
Overview of the Clinical Innovation Award 2019
Enterprise Ireland in partnership with Cleveland Clinic Innovations recognise the importance of clinical innovation to address current unmet clinical needs for patients within the healthcare system and wider medtech sector. The Clinical Innovation Award is designed to support clinicians and other healthcare professionals in Ireland to explore the commercial feasibility of their innovative ideas and the potential to transform the way medical care is delivered in Ireland and abroad. The Award welcomes innovative technologies at all stages of development from concept, early stage research through to more advanced projects.
Who is Eligible?
- Clinicians in public hospitals, third level institutions and non-profit research organisations
- All healthcare professionals; radiologists, clinical psychologists, nurses, occupational therapists etc
- Applicants must be employed and have ongoing clinical commitments in the Irish health service
- Applicants must identify the associated academic institution for their hospital or health centre
What is the Award?
The winner of the award will receive a €15,000 Enterprise Ireland Commercialisation Feasibility Fund to investigate the commercial feasibility of their innovative idea in Ireland and international markets. The winner will also receive travel costs to visit the Cleveland Clinic in 2019/2020 to showcase their idea to the Cleveland Clinic Innovations and receive feedback from their clinical and commercial networks.
Two runners-up will also receive a €15,000 Commercialisation Feasibility Fund to examine the commercial feasibility of their innovations/technology solutions.
How do I apply?
- Download Clinical Innovation Award 2019 Application Form (word format)
- Email the completed and signed application to email@example.com
Assessment Criteria and Evaluation Process
Applications will be evaluated by Enterprise Ireland and Cleveland Clinic Innovations using the following criteria:
- The size of the commercial opportunity
- Advantages of the proposed solution over current solutions
- Technical innovation in terms of innovation, novelty and feasibility
- Benefit to the project of a commercial feasibility assessment
Closing Date for Applications
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 31st July 2019.
For further information, please contact:
Senior Commercialisation Specialist
Research and Innovation Division
East Point Business Park
+353 1 727 2429
For more information on programmes and supports for commercialisation of academic and clinician-based research, go to https://www.enterprise-ireland.com/en/funding-supports/Researcher/Funding-to-Commercialise-Research/