Clinical Innovation Award 2018
Overview of the Clinical Innovation Award 2018
This award aims to support clinicians in Ireland in the translation of their innovative ideas into benefits for the health care system and medical technologies sectors. Cleveland Clinic and Enterprise Ireland are recognising the importance of clinical innovation by presenting the Clinical Innovation Award 2018.
The award recognises innovative technologies at all stages of development from concept, early stage research through to more advanced projects. Projects must address a gap or need in patient care.
Who is Eligible?
- Clinicians in public hospitals, third level institutions and non-profit research organisations are eligible to apply.
- Healthcare professionals such as radiologists, clinical psychologists and occupational therapists are also eligible.
- If the clinical innovation is already in a company, the idea is not eligible for the award.
- Applicants must be employed and have ongoing clinical commitments in the Irish health service.
What is the Award?
The winner of the award will receive funding of €15,000 to investigate the commercial feasibility of their innovative idea and whether it could be commercialised in Ireland and international markets. The winner will also receive travel costs to visit the Cleveland Clinic in 2018 to receive feedback on their idea from the Clinic’s world leading clinicians.
Two runners-up will receive funding of €15,000 to examine the commercial feasibility of their ideas.
For successful projects, Enterprise Ireland can help identify engineers/scientists in the 3rd level to collaborate with to drive the opportunity forward.
How do I apply?
- Download Clinical Innovation Award 2018 Application Form (word format)
- Email a copy of the application as a single MS WORD document to: Noel Daly at email@example.com
Assessment Criteria and Evaluation Process
Applications will be evaluated by Enterprise Ireland and Cleveland Clinic for Commercial Opportunity and Technology Innovation using the following criteria:
- The size of the commercial opportunity
- Advantages of the proposed solution over current solutions
- Technical innovation in terms of innovation, novelty and feasibility
- Benefit to the project of a commercial feasibility assessment
Closing Date for Applications
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 20th December 2017.
The award winner and other applicants will be notified by the end of March 2018.
For further information, please contact:
Life Science and Food
East Point Business Park
+353 1 727 2797
For more information on programmes and supports for commercialisation of academic and clinician-based research, go to https://www.enterprise-ireland.com/en/funding-supports/Researcher/Funding-to-Commercialise-Research/