Digital Marketing Capability
The Digital Marketing Capability support (formerly known as the e-Marketing Improvement Assignment) is a management development support which is facilitated/supported by a digital marketing agency/consultant. The aim is to develop and enhance your company's capability to use digital channels for business development. Eligible activities may include;
- Strategic review of existing digital channels and development of your company's future digital marketing strategy.
- Understanding international best practice, competitive landscape, effective tools and strategies in the area of digital marketing.
- Embedding digital marketing practices and skills in your company by developing the capabilities of senior management.
Please note that web development, software, hardware, or paid advertising costs are not supported under this grant, please read the ‘eligible activities’ section of the Digital Marketing Capability client brochure for more information.
In order to support the change process within the company, this support can also be used to cover part of the salary cost of an internal project champion over the project duration. The goal of this champion is to develop a deeper understanding of Digital Marketing skills and subsequently to train others.
Projects may vary in size and scope but will typically be 8-12 months in duration.
Companies interested in undertaking a Digital Marketing Capability support must first contact their Development Adviser to confirm eligibility. They must also complete a Digital Marketing Maturity Questionnaire (.doc) available here or from the Digital Marketing Unit.
|Under Ireland’s National Recovery and Resilience Plan (NRRP) (2021-2026), projects supporting the digital and climate transition of enterprise are being funded through the EU’s Recovery and Resilience Facility. This covers projects that will support the digital transformation of the company, driving increased adoption and diffusion of digital technology|
What the programme offers?
The Digital Marketing Capability support is carried out on a project basis and offers assistance for companies to develop a digital marketing strategy using a digital marketing agency/consultant. This support covers training for senior management in digital marketing strategy development and provides an opportunity to embed digital marketing strategy and capability within your team.
The digital marketing agency/consultant will advise you and help you implement strategic changes and planning with a view to increasing in-house capability and improving your digital presence.
The project undertaken as part of this support usually lasts between 8-12 months.
Am I eligible?
Ideally the Digital Marketing Capability support should be undertaken by established companies that are looking towards developing their digital marketing strategy and capability.
The Digital Marketing Capability is open to SME’s and large companies that are Enterprise Ireland clients.
Discuss with your Development Adviser to check whether you are eligible for this support.
If you are interested in becoming an Enterprise Ireland client company, please click here.
What costs are eligible and what is the maximum funding available?
All projects will be reviewed and evaluated on a case by case basis.
Eligible costs include;
- For a full list of eligible activities please see Digital Marketing Capability client brochure.
- Enterprise Ireland will provide grant funding for 50% of the eligible project costs up to a maximum of €70,000 (€35,000 grant).
- External training or advisory services provided by a suitable digital marketing agency/consultant. Supported daily rates for training or advisory services are capped at €900 per day (subject to prevailing market rate per activity) inclusive of travel and subsistence and all out-of-pocket expenses. Note that actual costs to the company are based on market rates and may be higher.
- Salary cost of an internal ‘project champion’ (management level) up to 50% of the total project cost, subject to a maximum of 100 days at a maximum supported rate of €200 per day. The number of project champion days allowed is aligned to the number of digital marketing agency/consultant days being delivered.
Ineligible costs include;
- General Consultancy including: market research, IT implementation, financial review and planning, HR consulting or health and safety training
- Web development and/or build (e.g. hosting, maintenance fees)
- Online Advertising implementation (e.g. payments to Google, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.)
- Photography, banner ads, and graphic developments
- The purchase of hardware (e.g. studio equipment, cameras, laptops)
- The purchase of off the shelf software packages, licenses or subscriptions (e.g. CRM systems, Shopify, Hubspot, Salesforce etc.)
The company must incur the project costs and are allowed two claims by submitting proof of payment and relevant documentation. For help with the claims process see claims process help document.
What are the call close dates?
There are no call close dates.
The process is not competitive and is approved by Enterprise Ireland management. Please contact your Enterprise Ireland Development Adviser to discuss the suitability of this support for your business.
How do I apply?
- You must discuss this and get agreement from your Development Adviser.
- Once agreed with your Development Adviser, fill out the Digital Marketing Maturity Questionnaire (.doc) and submit to the Digital Marketing Unit.
- A member of the Digital Marketing Unit will contact you to advise you on the scope and outline of the programme.
- Once your draft application is finalised and agreed with the Digital Marketing Unit, you will be advised to submit your application via our online application system:
The online application forms provide a step-by-step guide on how to complete each tab.
Note: Costs incurred prior to the submission of the application will not be eligible for grant support (no retrospection).
Where can I find a suitable consultant?
A digital marketing agency/consultant of your choice can be used for a Digital Marketing Capability support. Please see list of suggested Digital Marketing Agencies/Consultants (.doc).
If you choose to use someone who is not on this list, their suitability must be agreed with the Digital Marketing Unit as part of the engagement process.
Key contacts/more information
Download Digital Marketing Capability client brochure.
For more information, please contact your Enterprise Ireland Adviser.
If you are not a client, please contact your nearest local Enterprise Ireland office.
For general enquiries about this support, please visit the Digital Marketing Unit or email DMU@enterprise-ireland.com