Agile Innovation Fund
What is the Agile Innovation Fund?
The Agile Innovation Fund supports the development of new or substantially improved products, services or processes, where the total project cost is less than €300,000. It features a streamlined online application form with fast track approval. Projects may range from solving technical challenges (R&D) to innovations in services delivery or business models (Digital Process Innovation).
|Under Ireland’s National Recovery and Resilience Plan (NRRP) (2021-2026), projects supporting the digital and climate transition of enterprise are being funded through the EU’s Recovery and Resilience Facility. This covers projects that will:|
- facilitate emissions reductions, or
- support the digital transformation of the company, driving increased adoption and diffusion of digital technology
Eligible projects may involve:
- Development of a new product or service
- Improvements to existing products or services
- Digitalisation or substantial improvements of existing processes or services
- Acquisition of new knowledge and skills
- Prototyping, testing and validation of new or improved products or services
- It does not include routine changes made to existing products or processes
Please read the RD&I Fund Reference document for further information
Who is it for?
The fund is open to all companies* but is particularly suitable for those who are;
- new to R&D
- operating in short, product life cycles
- undertaking small/short projects
Grant rates range from 25% to 50% and applications can be submitted online anytime.
* All established, registered, Irish based manufacturing or internationally traded services company that are trading with positive EBITDA (Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortisation). Applicants must be able to show adequate cash resources to implement the proposed project. For companies who are not EBITDA positive contact your Business Adviser in the relevant Development Agency.
- Existing staff costs / New staff costs
- Travel & Subsistence
- Certification and clinical trials
Read the Guidelines for Companies Applying to the Agile Innovation Fund for further details on each eligible costs category. Note that the eligible costs for Agile Innovation Funding does not include capital equipment.
Grant Rates & Support
Grant Rates & Support
Digital Process Innovation Projects *
*See Digital Process Innovation for further information.
How do I apply?
- Step 1: Log on to Enterprise Ireland's online application system:
The online application forms provide a step-by-step guide on how to complete each tab.
- Step 2: A Project Plan (.docx) is also required for a complete application.
This should be completed by the Technical Lead for the project. Once you submit the online application an email will be sent to remind the applicant to complete this step.
Not sure if your project is R&D?
Download our Outline Proposal template (.docx) and return to: RandDOutlineProposals@enterprise-ireland.com to get an initial indication on the eligibility of one or several project(s).
- If you have been approved Agile Funding, details on the Claims Process is available here.
- Clients of Údarás na Gaeltachta and the Local Enterprise Office should contact their Business Adviser regarding the claims process.
For general enquiries on the Agile Innovation Fund, please contact:
+353 1 727 2120
For upcoming events, go to Agile Innovation Fund - Upcoming Promotional Events.
For information about R&D Projects and Innovation Projects, go to Research, Development and Innovation (RD&I),