Commercialisation Fund Programme: Commercial Case Feasibility Grant
The aim of the Commercialisation Fund Programme is to improve the competitiveness of the Irish economy through the creation of technology based start-up companies and the transfer of innovations, developed in Higher Education Institutions and Research Performing Organisations, to industry in Ireland.
Enterprise Ireland recognises the excellence in applied research in the Higher Education sector and the need for business development expertise to complement researchers’ technical expertise, to develop strong commercialisation strategies for innovations.
Commercial Case Feasibility Support is a funding support which can be obtained by researchers, in partnership with their Technology Transfer or equivalent office, for a short Feasibility Project (up to 3 months) to scope and develop the commercial case for their innovation.
Researchers who have not had funding previously from the Enterprise Ireland Commercialisation Fund Programme are particularly encouraged to consider this support.
Support is provided to assist the project team to:
- Perform Market analysis and validation
- Profile the competitor landscape
- Perform Patent landscaping and develop the IP strategy
- Investigate potential routes to exploitation to the economic benefit of Ireland
- Understand relevant regulatory issues or other barriers/hurdles to commercialisation
- Create a small demonstration or early prototype
At the end of the Feasibility Project it is expected that the researcher will progress to submitting an application for a research project to the Commercialisation Fund.
Am I eligible?
Researchers in third level institutions and non-profit research agencies/organisations in the Republic of Ireland are eligible to apply.
Maximum funding level
Awards for Commercial case feasibility projects will typically be €10,000 to €15,000.
How to apply
An online application system is available for application preparation and submission.
- For optimum use of the online system, use one of following browsers - Internet Explorer 8+, Firefox (two most recent versions), and Chrome (two most recent versions). Safari is also supported (iOS devices including iPAD and iPhone are not supported).
- Disable Pop-up blocker on your computer.
Download and follow the Getting Started Guide for Applicants . To use the online system, an applicant must:
- Have a valid institutional email address.
- For new users of the on-line system-Register on the system to create an account and obtain a password.
- Login to the system and go to ‘Create New Application’ under the Commercial Case Feasibility Support Open Call.
Before commencing the application online, the applicant must consult:
- a relevant Technology Transfer office case manager or equivalent in your institution;
- a relevant Enterprise Ireland Commercialisation Specialist;
- they must agree to be advisors on the application.
View a sample on-line application here .
Download Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) to assist you with preparation of your application.
Call close dates
We are currently operating an open call for applications so you can submit an application at any time.
For further information, please contact:
Commercialisation Fund Programme Manager
+353 1 7272962
For help on using the SmartSimple online applications system, please contact:
System Administrator - SmartSimple
+353 1 727 2374