Uncertainty in traditional closer to home markets means that Irish companies need to start looking further afield for new opportunities. With a strong US Dollar, stable economic growth prospects and a history of Irish companies successfully establishing themselves across the Atlantic, the next closest English speaking markets of the US and Canada are obvious choices.
This conference is an examination of market and sector opportunities in North America for Irish companies seeking to diversify into international markets.
The event will involve informational panels and speakers providing insights on success factors and considerations for targeting the US and Canadian markets in general and will also include sessions with a sector specific focus.
Throughout the day attendees will be able to listen and engage with the best possible speakers from the USA, Canada and Ireland as they cover areas including:
- Company readiness – What Irish companies need to know before embarking on the journey to the US/Canada
- from the road - Experienced exporters offer insights and talk about their experiences of coming to North America;
- Selling strategies that work
- The Road Ahead - Market outlook and what we may expect to see in the future
The conference will also offer networking opportunities between attendees and various industry experts, as well as the chance to engage with the leading figures and prominent organisations that will be in attendance.
Cost for attending is €100 + VAT
Closing date for registration: May 5th, 2017.
Did you know:
- Enterprise Ireland client exports to the USA and Canada topped $3 billion in 2015, growing at 26%
- The USA is the second largest export market for Enterprise Ireland client companies after the UK.
- Irish companies employ approx. 85,000 people in the US and Canada.
- There are over 700 Irish companies operating in these markets.
More info on EI Support
Success in export markets is crucial to the long-term growth of Irish businesses and the Irish economy. Support for companies focused on growth through international sales is a priority for Enterprise Ireland. We are committed to facilitating the development of a strong exporting sector by offering flexible solutions to client needs. To find out more about how Enterprise Ireland assists companies in exporting, click here: https://www.enterprise-ireland.com/en/Export-Assistance/
More info on Canadian and US Markets
For more general information on doing business in these markets, please download Enterprise Ireland’s Country Guides, Access USA and Access Canada here: