Financial Services sector profile
There's no better place in the world today for start-ups in Financial Services
Ireland has an exceptionally strong international financial services sector with particular strengths in: administration and management of funds; re-insurance; cross border insurance and specialist finance, such as aviation leasing and asset finance.
As a result, Ireland has built a deep pool of staff, managers, professional advisers, regulators and service providers with sophisticated domain knowledge in the key mobile financial services sectors. There are only a limited number of places in the world with such an ecosystem.
A combination of 12.5% tax and an exceptionally extensive and comprehensive set of double tax agreements with 62 countries, makes Ireland a highly tax efficient location. Such efficiency is particularly beneficial for international financial service operations.
Ireland is a very profitable location for financial services, due to the combination of high productivity and a cost base that is very competitive with other locations which have similarly sophisticated ecosystems.
Some relevant facts about the Financial Services sector
- 250 of the world’s leading financial services firms – including half of the world's top 50 banks – have internationally focused operations in Ireland.
- Dublin is a major global hub for fund administration, aircraft leasing, insurance and a range of wholesale banking activities.
- Over €1.8 trillion of funds are administered from Ireland.
- The Irish Stock Exchange is the world-leading listing venue for fund and structured debt products.
- The international financial services sector in Ireland directly employs 25,000 people.
Download Financial Services sector brochure [pdf 266KB]
Back to: Startups from outside Ireland homepage | €10m Fund for International Start-Ups | Why Locate in Ireland | Funding and Supports for Startups in Ireland | Case Studies | Contact Us