Ireland offers easy access to world markets
Centrally located for the US, UK, Europe and the Middle East
Ireland is one of the most open and globally connected countries in the world. Its geographic position and membership of the EU and the Euro makes it a great base from which to access the US, UK, Europe and the Middle East. When combined with the very positive reputation that Irish companies enjoy internationally, there is a compelling argument to base your start-up in Ireland.
Also consider the fact that:
- Ireland’s membership of the EU gives direct access to a rich, sophisticated market of over 500m people and 28% of World GDP
- Our membership of the Euro zone simplifies trading with most of the EU. We are the only English-speaking country that has that advantage
- Ireland offers access to key decision makers and networks in the many multi-national corporations located in Ireland
- Flights from Ireland to the USA are frequent and are shorter than from any other EU member state
- Most of Europe is less than three hours away by frequent low-cost flights and direct flights of less than eight hours offer access to Middle East business hubs
- Ireland is exceptionally well connected to the US on a personal, business and political level
- Enterprise Ireland’s network of over 30 overseas offices with 150 sales professionals provides unparalleled practical assistance to its clients to access world markets
These are just some of the great reasons why Ireland’s exports are at record highs. On a per capita basis, Irish exports of goods and services are a multiple of most leading exporter countries. They are, for example nearly three times higher, per capita, than Germany.
“We’re very close to the European and UK markets, and at the same time, close to the US east coast.”
Dr John Holt, Chief Operating Officer, Waratek
More reasons to locate in Ireland