Welcome to StartInIreland.com
All you need to know about starting a business in Ireland
Did you know that Ireland is home to:
- 9 of the world’s top 10 medical technology companies, such as Boston Scientific and Medtronic.
- 8 of the top pharmaceutical companies including Pfizer and Amgen.
- 3 of the top 5 games companies, such as EA and Activision.
- 9 out of 10 world-leading technology and internet companies such as Facebook and Google.
- 15 of the top 20 world-leading Life Science companies for like Abbott Laboratories and Allergan.
- Over 50% of the world’s leading Financial Services firms like JP Morgan Chase and HSBC among others.
A hotbed of entrepreneurship, Ireland is a great place to both live and work and boasts a young, vibrant, well educated workforce. Dublin is home to 2000 start-ups and 200 global tech companies. In 2015, €300M+ funding was raised in Dublin alone, add to this Irelands’ low corporation tax rate of 12.5% and you have only begun to uncover the benefits of choosing Ireland as the destination for your start-up. In 2015, Enterprise Ireland invested in 217 start-ups.
International companies that have a well-developed business plan and need to raise investment for their business can apply for the following Enterprise Ireland’s supports:
Competitive Start Fund (CSF)This is a €50k equity investment designed to accelerate the development of companies by providing them with the support necessary to achieve commercial and technical milestones such as evaluating international market opportunities or building a prototype. The fund is open for applications several times throughout the year with calls made for specific sectors, female led startups and entrepreneurs based outside of Ireland
Innovative HPSU Fund (Equity) The Innovative High Potential Start-up (HPSU) Fund allows Enterprise Ireland to offer equity investment to HPSU clients, on a co-funded basis to support the implementation of a company’s business plans. First time and follow-on equity investments in HPSUs are supported under this offer.
While you are here, why not:
View 'Ireland as a location for Internationally Mobile Start-Up Businesses'
Find out why Ireland is the ideal location for startups in the Med Tech sector