Varadis | Ireland's Space Industry Directory
IRELAND'S SPACE INDUSTRY DIRECTORY
Office Location & Contact Details
Cork T12 R5CP
Varadis is a spin-out company from Tyndall National Institute in University College Cork (UCC), Ireland; a leading European research centre in integrated ICT (Information and Communications Technology) hardware and systems.
Our products are built on over 30 years of Tyndall technology development in the radiation monitoring space.
We today design and supply the world's most effective and dynamic radiation monitoring components, devices and systems to some of the globes most recognised organisations.
Varadis RADFETs: small, lightweight and dynamic radiation sensors for all Space Applications.
Varadis RADFETs have been optimised for various space applications, including housekeeping of satellites, space radiation environment studies, shielding analysis and monitoring of radiation-hardened electronic components and systems.
- Human Spaceflight
- Satellite Applications
- Satellite Technology
- Space Research
- EEE Components
- Materials & Processes
- On Board Data Systems
- Space Systems Controls
- System Design & Verification
Main Space related products, services and projects
- Varadis RADFET sensors are hermetically sealed, robust, discrete MOS transistors optimised for the detection of ionising radiation.
- Small and lightweight, combining the positive features of zero power passive dosimeters and the dynamic capability of active dosimeters.
- They have been part pf space exploration for many years. Missions and Customers include:
- NASA's Living with a Star Program
- International Space Station
- The EuCPAD dosimeter for astronauts
- ESA's STRV-1c
- JAXA's MDS-1 & SDS-1
- ESA's Chimera experiment
Back to: Ireland's Space Industry Directory home