LeanPlus is a medium-scale training project facilitated/supported by an external Lean service provider.
The aim of the project shall be to improve productivity within the company by establishing and embedding continuous improvement systems & behaviours. This could provide the framework for a company digitalisation journey.
In order to support the change process within the company, the grant can also be used to cover part of the salary cost for up to 3 Lean project champions over the project duration. The goal of the project champions is to develop Lean business practices within the company by learning themselves and subsequently training others in process improvement and innovation tools and techniques.
Projects may vary in size and scope but will typically be 6-9 months in duration.
Am I eligible?
LeanPlus is open to SME’s and large companies that are Enterprise Ireland clients.
If you are interested in becoming an Enterprise Ireland client company, please click here.
LeanPlus is also open to HPSU clients on a limited basis, please discuss with your Development Adviser to check whether it is open to your company.
What costs are eligible and what is the maximum funding available?
Eligible costs include;
- External Training or Advisory Services provided by a suitable Lean Service provider. Supported daily rates for Training or Advisory Services are capped at €900 per day inclusive of travel and subsistence and all out-of-pocket expenses. Note that actual costs to the company are based on market rates and may be higher.
- Salary cost of up to 3 company ‘Lean project champions’, up to 50% of the total project cost, subject to a maximum of 100 days each at a maximum supported rate of €200 per day.
- Training course fees may be approved for specialised external courses for the Lean Project Champion(s)
Ineligible costs include;
- General Consultancy including Market research, IT implementation, Financial review and planning, HR consulting or Health and Safety training
- Capital equipment, materials or travel and subsistence costs
Enterprise Ireland will provide grant funding for 50% of the eligible project costs up to a maximum of €100,000 (€50,000 grant).
What are the call close dates?
There are no call close dates. The process is not competitive and is approved by Enterprise Ireland management.
How do I apply?
All applications for funding should be discussed with your Enterprise Ireland Adviser prior to submission.
You can apply via the Enterprise Ireland Online Application System (search under Business Process Improvement Grant)
The online application forms provide a step-by-step guide on how to complete each tab.
Prior to applying you must do the following:
If the company has already initiated a LeanPlus project before submitting an application to Enterprise Ireland, the application and associated expenditure will not be accepted.
If you have completed a LeanPlus project, details on the Claims process are available here
Key contact/more information
For more information, please contact your Enterprise Ireland Adviser.
If you are not a client, please contact your nearest Enterprise Ireland Regional Office.
For general enquiries about the Lean Business Offer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org