Dundalk based Tractor manufacturer Multihog, announce €1.5 million deal with North American distributors during Enterprise Ireland led inward buyer visit
19th July 2018
Enterprise Ireland client Multihog, the Dundalk based tractor manufacturer has today announced €1.5 million ($1.7 million) in new business with North American machinery buyers, participating on an Enterprise Ireland four-day inward buyer to Ireland. 10 leading airport and municipal equipment dealers are participating on the Enterprise Ireland led visit to Dundalk, Co. Louth, which aims to promote the strength and growing capability of Ireland’s machinery manufacturing offering.
Multihog, who are based in Dundalk, Co. Louth at its new 89,000 sq. ft. 6-acre facility, manufactures a range of tractors that allow for easy add/removal of attachments to perform various maintenance functions all year round. It sells its product through a global network of 55 dealers who serve municipalities, airports, and facilities management companies.
The €1.5 million in new business includes initial orders for Multihog machines to 3 new North American dealers, two in US Midwest and one in Canada.
Welcoming the announcement, Minister for Business, Enterprise and Innovation, Heather Humphreys T.D. said: “I am delighted to hear that Multihog have obtained €1.5 million in new business this week, through the support of our State Agency, Enterprise Ireland, and the Inward Buyer visit to Dundalk. Companies like Multihog are currently selling into more diversified markets than ever before and these results reflect the impact and importance of the work of Enterprise Ireland and its network of 33 international offices. I congratulate Multihog and look forward to their continued success in Dundalk”.
Jim McAdam, Managing Director of Multihog Limited said “We are delighted to announce this significant deal, and also to bring this group of dealers to Ireland to see our new manufacturing facility. Luckily, we have a superb group of dealers in the US & Canada and we’re really excited to add three excellent new partners to our network. Our expansion plans for North America are ambitious, and we’re very confident that can achieve these in collaboration with the dealers we have in place.”
Ryan Shaughnessy, Senior Vice President, Industrial Technology at Enterprise Ireland Chicago added:“This inward buyer visit provides a key opportunity to showcase Irish client capability in the municipal equipment space to leading dealers across North America. Multihog, led by two successful entrepreneurs - Jim McAdam and Gerry McHugh - highlights Irish innovation and underscores the global reach of Enterprise Ireland clients. We are proud of this success and look forward to further partnership between Enterprise Ireland clients and North American dealers in this unique market.”
The Enterprise Ireland inward buyer visit, which is currently taking place from July 16 - 19, brings 18 buyers from 10 of Multihog’s authorized US and Canadian equipment dealers to Dundalk, Co. Louth for visits with Multihog along with seven other Enterprise Ireland clients including Combilift, Archway Products, MDS International, Oriel Flues, Oxymem, Major Equipment, Skip-Tracks and Multi-Sweep (Rota Contracts).
The visit is co-hosted by Enterprise Ireland’s new Chicago office as well as the Toronto office and features an on-site visit to Multihog’s new facility. The visit concludes today (Thursday) with an Enterprise Ireland North American Dealer Networking Day Event which consists of Enterprise Ireland client pitch sessions and one to one meetings with the North American equipment dealers.
Notes to Editors:
About Enterprise Ireland:
Enterprise Ireland is the government organisation responsible for the development and growth of Irish enterprises in world markets. We work in partnership with Irish enterprises to help them start, grow, innovate and win export sales in global markets. In this way, we support sustainable economic growth, regional development and secure employment.
- Although our business was only launched in 2008, we’ve come a very long way since then. Operating from Dundalk, Ireland we enjoy an ideal location on the western edge of Europe for design, production & testing of our multi-purpose tractors. We’re excited to say that we’re growing all the time and are constantly striving to perfect our expanding range of tractors. Our drive and enthusiasm comes from the very top – our two directors who have more than 60 years’ combined experience in the machinery manufacturing industry.
- Today the Multihog has evolved into a must-have tractor used by the world’s busiest airports, local authorities & contractors, and we trace our success back to one guiding principle: innovate, innovate, innovate. We’ve built a team of the best and brightest engineers around, who strive for improvement every day, so that we can be sure our tractors are the best on the market. We’re proud of our dedication to innovation, our outstanding R&D department and our drive to create an exceptional product.
The dealers involved in the €1.5m deal include:
- Bonnell Equipment, who are one of the leading truck equipment distributors in Northern Illinois and a major supplier of snowplows and spreaders for municipalities.
- Brown Equipment Co., Inc., which services customers in both the government and private sectors in Indiana and Kentucky
- Les Machineries St-Jovite, who are leaders in the field of snow removal equipment and dump trucks in Quebec
- Alpine Smith Inc. (existing West Coast dealer) who also ordered 5 new machines this week, increasing his impressive presence in the West Coast market and bringing the total order value from the visit to over €1.5 million ($1.7 million).
For reference, please contact: