Sligo-based LotusWorks announces 50 new highly-skilled jobs
18th May 2016
- Recruitment of engineers and technicians to begin immediately
- Another 50 jobs by the end of next year
- Minister for Jobs welcomes the news
LotusWorks, the specialist technical and engineering firm, is to create 50 new jobs over the next six months – with another 50 to come on stream by the end of 2017.
The highly-skilled jobs will be on top of the 470 people already employed by LotusWorks, which is headquartered in Sligo.
The announcement was made during a Trade and Investment Mission event in Sligo today, which was organised by Enterprise Ireland and IDA Ireland and led by Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation, Mary Mitchell O’Connor TD.
LotusWorks specialises in managing and owning scopes of work within global manufacturing facilities. The company works with some of the world’s best-known household names.
In 2015, the company doubled revenue and its focus was on adding new clients in growth sectors. Two new contracts have been signed in the past two months with world-leading clients in the data centre and automative sectors. This has resulted in the requirement to add 50 talented engineers and technicians to the team within the next six months.
Another 50 will be added to the workforce by the end of 2017. This technical and engineering talent is required to deliver LotusWorks solutions to clients across Ireland, Europe, North America and Asia.
Welcoming the announcement Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation Mary Mitchell O’Connor said: “I am very much focussed on ensuring jobs are created right across the county and that is why I will be continuing to implement our Regional jobs plan. It is important to continue to ensure that Irish enterprise continues to grow alongside the strong multinational sector which we have built up.
“I am delighted that LotusWorks, a highly-innovative Irish company which is expanding rapidly in export markets, is creating 50 new jobs. The growth of such a company based in Sligo is great news for the North-West region. LotusWorks is a great example of the type of company Enterprise Ireland is working with, and I wish them and their team every success for the future.”
Tom Cafferkey, COO, LotusWorks said: “Datacentres, Bio-Pharmaceutical and advanced technology sectors are poised for substantial growth in coming years and the talent LotusWorks has is perfectly suited to supporting these sectors.
“In the coming months we will focus efforts on recruiting the best technical and engineering talent available. We’ve great people on teams across the world working with world-leading manufacturers. It’s their hard work that has built LotusWorks reputation as a ‘best-in-class technical and engineering service organisation.”
The company already has a strong presence in Europe and the US and, over the last few months, has also established a presence in Singapore as it gets ready to support existing and new customers in the life sciences, datacentres and hi-tech clients sectors in the region.
Notes to Editors:
- LotusWorks was founded in 1989, as Lotus Automation IRL LTD. In 2014, all services and divisions were consolidated under the LotusWorks brand.
- LotusWorks provides high-calibre specialist engineers and technicians to leading manufacturers, delivering the specific technical expertise they require to drive efficiency and increase production.
- With over 470 calibration, I&C, mechanical and electrical engineers and technicians, LotusWorks has rapidly expanded into North America, Europe and most recently Singapore.
- The company client list includes many world-leading companies in ICT, Life Science, medical device and advanced technology.
- LotusWorks recently won the Service Exporter of the Year at Irish Exporters Association (IEA)’s prestigious Export Industry Awards, is placed in 36th position in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards Programme 2015, and won the Established SME category win at the Ulster Bank Business Achievers awards in December 2015.
For further information or to arrange interviews, please contact