Ostoform is “One to Watch Award” winner at Enterprise Ireland’s Big Ideas 2016
28th November 2016
Kevin Kelleher, from UL spin-out Ostoform, is pictured after receiving the “One to Watch Award” for an outstanding pitch at Enterprise Ireland's Big Ideas 2016 at the Helix, Dublin. Ostoform has developed a medical device to manage skin complications suffered by ileostomy patients and was selected from eight investor-ready start-up companies who pitched their new innovations to investors at Enterprise Ireland's annual Big Ideas event.
The award was presented by Middle East-based Irish entrepreneur Paul Kenny who was the keynote speaker at the event.
The other start-up companies making their pitch at Big Ideas 2016 included:
- Dr Brendan Boland, AltSurgical – an implant for arthritis sufferers that mimics the natural motions of the joint
- Stephen Collins, Tip Tap Tap – interactive school desks which allow a fairer opportunity for students to interact simultaneously
- Breandán Kennedy, Phision Therapeutics – developing drugs to treat blindness associated with diabetes and aging
- Chiara Leva, TOSCA – bespoke risk management solutions for high-risk industries, eg aviation
- Andrew McCareen, DATAS – web services which centralise multiple date feeds, enabling clients to develop insights about their business KPIs.
- David Molloy, Guru Developments – cloud-based software which simplifies the academic exam process
- Brian Noonan, Cala Medical – extracorporeal cassette-based prototype for the treatment of sepsis.
For more information: