EPS Group Announce Strategic Partnership in Nigeria
4th December 2015
EPS and Biotech have been working together in the region since 2011 and have developed a unique position whereby the combined strengths of both organisations are being deployed to support the state of Lagos in the provision of wastewater services. EPS/Biotech continue to provide a range of services including training and development, capacity development and feasibility & consultancy services to the Lagos State Wastewater services Department as well as guidance and best practice for the treatment of domestic, commercial and municipal wastewater. In the past 5 years the partnership has completed 50+ projects for a range of sectors including the provision of wastewater treatment facilities for homes, banks, schools, hospitals and office developments.
Present at the announcement of the strategic partnership, Minister Coveney said: “EPS are an exciting and dynamic company that has already had significant success in the Nigerian market. They are building and developing partnerships in Nigeria long term and have some very impressive ongoing partnerships here in the areas of waste water treatment and other environment interests. Today marked another important step forward in the Nigerian market for EPS and I hope to see them continue to grow here in the coming years.”
Patrick Buckley, Deputy Managing Director of EPS Group commented: “EPS/Biotech is looking forward to continuing our efforts to support Lagos Stage Government in its objective to achieve a cleaner and more sustainable environment.” Aanu Talabi, Managing Director of Biotech added: “We are delighted to have the support of EPS group in our efforts to deliver sustainable wastewater solutions for the people in Nigeria.”
Julie Sinnamon, CEO, Enterprise Ireland said: “EPSGroupisrecognised globally as agenuine end-to-end service provider in the global water sector. EPS Group has a strong track-record, built over46 yearsand they now export waste-water services to more than 30 countries worldwide. This agreement is a recognition byLagos State Ministry of Environment and Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Developmentof EPSGroup’sexperience, standard of customer serviceandinnovation. We congratulate both entities and wish them continued success in their collaborations inthe provision of wastewater treatment facilities for homes, banks, schools, hospitals and office developmentsin Lagos”.
While Lagos state is the smallest state in Nigeria, it has the highest population at 17.9 million and this is due to increase twofold by 2050. The mega city generates 25% of Nigeria's total gross domestic product.
Present at the announcement were:
- Mr Simon Coveney, T.D. Minister for Agriculture, Food, Marine and Defence
- Brendan Gleeson, Assistant Secretary General, General, Department Agriculture, Food and the Marine
- Caitriona Fitzpatrick, Adviser to the Minister
- Julie Sinnamon, CEO, Enterprise Ireland
- Fred Klinkenberg Manager – South Africa, Enterprise Ireland
- Thembi Malebye, Market Advisor Enterprise Ireland South Africa
- Thessa Bagu, Trade Representative – Nigeria Enterprise Ireland
- Seán Hoy, Ambassador of Ireland to Nigeria
- Eoghan McSwiney, Deputy Head of Mission Irish Embassy, Nigeria
- EPS Group – Patrick Buckley, Deputy Managing Director
- Commissioner for Physical Planning & Urban Dev. – Townplanner Wasiu Anifowoshe
- Commissioner for Environment – Dr. Samuel Babatunde Adejare
- Permanent secretary for Environment- Mr Oluwatoyin Onisarotu
- Coordinator, Lagos State Wastewater House- Engr. Abdul
- Biotech – Aanu Talabi, MD/CEO
- Biotech – Adeola Talabi, Director
About EPS Group
EPS Group is a specialist wet infrastructure support services group of companies operating across the Republic of Ireland and the UK. It is one of the few genuine end-to-end service providers in the global water sector. Founded upon 46 years of experience, EPS has grown from a modest electrical and pumping services business into an innovative, internationally exporting product and service provider, now focused upon the water, wastewater and clean technology sectors.
EPS are Ireland’s largest, privately owned Design-Build-Operate (DBO) partner for the delivery and operation of water and wastewater assets. Current long-term operational concessions cover over 230 treatment assets serving a population equivalent close to 1 million. We have held contracts with all 34 water authorities in the Republic of Ireland (now transferred to Irish Water), as well as a significant share of the Trader sub-market.
For further information on this Press Release please contact: