Enterprise Ireland showcases Irish technology companies at Microsoft's Worldwide Partner Conference 2013 - Houston, Texas
Monday 8 July 2013: This week, eight Irish technology companies are showcasing innovative applications, technology tools and cloud based services during Microsoft’s annual Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC), which attracts over 16,000 technology leaders from 50 countries. Sponsored by Enterprise Ireland, this select group of application developers and technology service providers will build alliances to expand global distribution channels. This year’s Microsoft WPC takes place from July 7-11, 2013 in Houston, Texas.
Keith Byrne, Trade Development Executive at Enterprise Ireland, said: ‘These technology companies represent the best of Irish innovation. WPC provides a tremendous opportunity for our sponsored Irish tech companies to reach out to Microsoft’s global reselling channel and demonstrate the value that we can deliver to their customers’.
The Enterprise Ireland sponsored tech companies include:
- accountsiQ – Cloud accounting software designed by accountants specifically to suit business environments where multiple entities (clients, franchisees, subsidiaries, branches) need access to a common platform.
- AppQuik – Enterprise app platform that enables organizations of all sizes to design, build and deploy apps across iOS, Android and Windows Phone8 simultaneously.
- CareWorks Software – The social care management platform, “CareDirector” transforms social services delivery with state-wide client directed service management.
- CipherDocs– Cloud document collaboration services, including Office 365, provides secure and controlled access to hosted corporate data.
- Global Business Register – Global Business Register provides a gateway to official, live data on over 55 million companies across the European Union and the United States, in 20 different languages.
- HCS Business Solutions – Delivering software, infrastructure and IT services, including Office 365, SharePoint Online and Exchange Online, to businesses of all sizes in Ireland.
- iQuate – Software license discovery to optimize licensing and reduce costs, especially in the datacenter.
- Sam360 - Software asset management tools and services that help businesses manage software license compliance, eliminate software underutilization, and optimise software procurement.
An informative infographic "8 Brilliant Ways Enterprise Ireland ISVs help partners build business” provides a concise overview of the value that each company delivers to Microsoft channel partners.
Karl O'Doherty, CEO of SAM360 added: ‘WPC has provided SAM360 with an excellent platform to identify and engage with key decision makers within the Microsoft SAM "software asset management" partner eco system. This has allowed SAM360 to forge new partnerships that will have an immediate impact on product development and indirect sales’.
During the conference, representatives from the Enterprise Ireland sponsored companies will meet with Microsoft executives to align product development roadmaps. Meetings with Microsoft channel partner organizations will focus on delivering high quality technology solutions to end customers.
Enterprise Ireland’s previous participation in Microsoft’s WPC has fostered many global partnerships, contributing to Ireland’s strong position in the U.S. technology market. Software exports from Ireland grew by 19% in 2012 to €1.02 billion with the US now accounting for 35% of all software exported by Irish companies.
For further information, please contact the Press Office.