Go Global 4 Growth
Enterprise Ireland and Dublin City University working together to enable transformational change in Irish top teams to achieve their global growth ambitions.
The upcoming programme will be launching on Tuesday 15th May, 2018 for Stream A and Wednesday 16th May, 2018 for Stream B. For full programme dates, download the Go Global 4 Growth brochure.
Seven months involving:
- 8 x days education including peer learning networks
- 5 x half-days in-company management team advisory sessions
- 2 x 2-hour one-to-one leadership coaching sessions
- Online learning modules
Dublin City University
€9,000 per company (Teams of 3 including CEO).
Larger company groups may be facilitated at an additional cost.
How to apply:
This is a competitive application process as places are limited. The application process is open:
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 25th April, 2018.
Go Global 4 Growth - SME top teams turns ambition into action
Professor Finian Buckley, Dublin City University (DCU)
Who should attend?
Go Global 4 Growth is targeted at ambitious top teams from all sectors, committed to adapting and evolving their business functions to prepare for global growth.
The CEO is a vital participant and should be accompanied on the Go Global journey by two senior managers from their top team whom have span of control and influence to affect change in-company. A COO or CFO are examples of top team co-participants.
What will I get from Go Global?
By the end of this journey you will have;
- A highly confident and professional top team; clear of their leadership strengths and challenges with a shared destiny, goal and direction.
- A shared company direction and value proposition which is clear and achievable.
- An effective leadership, management and board structure, to drive company growth.
- Realigned company structure, considering key roles, to support your strategy implementation.
- A shared strategic financial perspective which acknowledges the vital role of the top team in delivering sustainable and positive profitability, cash-flow and return on investment.
- Embedded measurement approaches; key performance indicators and individual SMART goals.
- Refined internal processes and controls which allow you to react to change.
- A HR/talent plan which supports the growth of your people.
- More open and consistent communications from senior team to ground level to support a culture of learning and trust.
- Implemented innovation tools and techniques to enhance your innovation potential and opportunities.
- Continuous awareness and the tools to assess the external environmental factors which impact market opportunities ensuring your company remains alert and agile.
- Developed and commenced implementation of a Go Global Roadmap, aligned with Enterprise Ireland’s strategic objective to scale Irish companies.
- Established a network of trusted business peers whom you can leverage from in the long-term.
The Go Global Journey
The Go Global journey offers you world-class customised executive education, delivered by Ireland's fastest growing University; Dublin City University – the university of enterprise. Together, Enterprise Ireland and DCU have designed a unique and innovative blended learning programme where you will learn from the best and apply that learning in-company with the support of a dedicated Growth Advisor. Elements include;
- Educational Masterclasses delivered in DCU: masterclasses are delivered by Irish-based faculty and have a facilitated, experiential focus. Experienced business people complement the masterclasses by sharing their growth challenges, reassuring you that you are not alone.
- Intensive support from a dedicated Growth Advisor: your carefully selected Growth Advisor will work with you on a one-to-one basis as your leadership coach and on a team basis working with your top team in-company. The role of the Growth Advisor is to challenge and support you, ensuring you can easily implement the programme content to the needs of your business.
- Peer Learning Networks; you will be assigned to a peer learning network for the duration of your Go Global journey, facilitated by a Growth Advisor. This provides a unique opportunity to learn from peers representing other sectors and disciplines. You will have the opportunity to reflect on masterclass content, discuss and seek advice on business challenges, all in a trusted, intimate environment.
- An interactive online learning platform: will support you throughout the Go Global journey providing an anytime-anyplace facility to meet your peers, learn from international thought leaders, prepare and debrief between masterclasses, draw from additional resources, develop in-company plans using simple templates and track your Go Global progress.
Testimonials - read what previous participants have to say
- Focus on how we approach our business - “The management team were focused on operations and an impending factory move so more time was needed for strategic planning. This programme was used to focus on how we approach our business. We made time both in modules and back in the office to maximise the benefit of this programme. We have now completed our restructuring and we are in the process of rolling out an ambitious strategic plan.”
James Simpson, Financial Controller, Blenders.
- Stretch beyond the obvious solutions - “The programme gave us a wonderful opportunity to work as a Team on both strategic and operational challenges. We also got to meet other Leadership Teams and exchange real practical tasks in a proactive, positive environment. All through the program we were challenged by our mentors and lecturers to stretch beyond the obvious solutions. We would highly recommend the program to growth minded SME’s.”
Aodh O' Donnell, MD, O’Donnell Furniture.
- Affirm our growth plans - “This programme helped the Vertice team affirm our growth plans and develop the confidence and capability of our senior managers. The experience has also strengthened our own relationship with Enterprise Ireland as we realise our ambitions. When was it right for us to do this? In our case we just went for it and no regrets.”
Tony Cassidy, CEO, Vertice.
What's stopping Irish companies from growing?
How to develop the Best Business Strategy for Growth
Will your management team go global in 2018?
How this Peer Network helps Irish Companies Go Global
Barry Smith, CEO, Abcon Industrial Products
Paul Quigley, CEO, STAR Translation Services
Learn more about Go Global
You can read full details about the programme including dates and fees by downloading the Go Global 4 Growth brochure.
An Information Session will take place in Enterprise Ireland on Friday 23rd March, 2018. You can register for this free event here:
Register here for Information Session
How to apply
Places on Go Global are strictly limited and a competitive application process applies. The online application process is open now and available here:
The closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 25th April, 2018.
Express your Interest
If you are interested in learning more, would like to talk to a member of the team and wish to be included on our mailing list, please email us at:
For further information, please contact: