Go Global 4 Growth
Enterprise Ireland and Dublin City University working together to enable transformational change in Irish SME top teams to achieve their global growth ambitions.
Dates for next programme, launching in Spring 2018, will be advertised soon.
7 months involving:
- 8 x days education including peer learning networks
- 4 x half-days in-company management team advisory sessions
- 3 x 2-hour one-to-one leadership coaching sessions
- Online learning modules
Dublin City University
€9,000 per SME (Teams of 3 including CEO)
How to apply:
This is a competitive application process as places are limited. The application process will open shortly.
This will be advertised shortly.
Professor Finian Buckley, DCU
Who should attend?
Go Global 4 Growth is targeted at ambitious SME top teams from all sectors, committed to adapting and evolving their business functions to prepare for global growth.
The CEO is a vital participant and should be accompanied on the Go Global journey by two senior managers from their top team whom have span of control and influence to affect change in-company. A COO or CFO are examples of top team co-participants.
What will I get from Go Global?
By the end of this journey you will have;
- A highly confident and professional top team; clear of their leadership strengths and challenges with a shared destiny, goal and direction.
- A shared company direction and value proposition which is clear and achievable.
- An effective leadership, management and board structure, to drive company growth.
- Realigned company structure, considering key roles, to support your strategy implementation.
- A shared strategic financial perspective which acknowledges the vital role of the top team in delivering sustainable and positive profitability, cash-flow and return on investment.
- Embedded measurement approaches; key performance indicators and individual SMART goals.
- Refined internal processes and controls which allow you to react to change.
- A HR/talent plan which supports the growth of your people.
- More open and consistent communications from senior team to ground level to support a culture of learning and trust.
- Implemented innovation tools and techniques to enhance your innovation potential and opportunities.
- Continuous awareness and the tools to assess the external environmental factors which impact market opportunities ensuring your company remains alert and agile.
- Developed and commenced implementation of a Go Global Roadmap, aligned with Enterprise Ireland’s strategic objective to scale Irish SMEs.
- Established a network of trusted business peers whom you can leverage from in the long-term.
The Go Global Journey
The Go Global journey offers you world-class SME customised executive education, delivered by Ireland's fastest growing University; Dublin City University – the university of enterprise. Together, Enterprise Ireland and DCU have designed a unique and innovative blended learning programme where you will learn from the best and apply that learning in-company with the support of a dedicated Growth Advisor. Elements include;
- Educational Masterclasses delivered in DCU: masterclasses are delivered by Irish-based faculty and have a facilitated, experiential focus. Experienced business people drawn from the SME sphere complement the masterclasses by sharing their growth challenges, reassuring you that you are not alone.
- Intensive support from a dedicated Growth Advisor: your carefully selected Growth Advisor will work with you on a one-to-one basis as your leadership coach and on a team basis working with your top team in-company. The role of the Growth Advisor is to challenge and support you, ensuring you can easily implement the programme content to the needs of your business.
- Peer Learning Networks; you will be assigned to a peer learning network for the duration of your Go Global journey, facilitated by a Growth Advisor. This provides a unique opportunity to learn from peers representing other sectors and disciplines. You will have the opportunity to reflect on masterclass content, discuss and seek advice on business challenges, all in a trusted, intimate environment.
- An interactive online learning platform: will support you throughout the Go Global journey providing an anytime-anyplace facility to meet your peers, learn from international thought leaders, prepare and debrief between masterclasses, draw from additional resources, develop in-company plans using simple templates and track your Go Global progress.
Testimonials - read what previous participants have to say
World-class & helpful
“It would be easy to underestimate the impact this programme has had at board level in Rothco. The calibre of the lectures have been world class in some cases and just simply very helpful in others. We got direct answers from people who have travelled this road before. As a top team we have grown and we have managed to get things done with a lot more effect in spite of getting busier and busier.”
Patrick Hickey, MD, Rothco
Turning pipe dreams into realistic plans
"This programme gave our management team the tools we needed to plan our business growth strategy. We learned how to examine different areas of our business systematically and in a practical manner. As a team, our efforts are more focused with skills to identify potential roadblocks early on. The programme was a game changer in terms of how we manage certain areas of our business. In short, it helped us turn our pipe dreams for the future into realistic business plans with clear goals and action points for delivery."
Paula O’Neill, MD, Premium Power
"As we completed our journey in 2012 our parting sentence was; this programme has given the senior management team of Irish Dog Foods the practical tools and skills to enable us to become a dominant player in the European Pet Food Market. As we enter 2016 our target is to become a dominant player in the World Pet Food Market."
Liam Queally (CEO), Siobhan Gannon (CFO), Paul Blair (Commercial Director) - Irish Dog Foods
Barry Smith, CEO, Abcon Industrial Products
Paul Quigley, CEO, STAR Translation Services
Learn more about Go Global
- You can read full details about the programme including dates and fees by downloading the Go Global Brochure. Please note this is the brochure for the current programme and a new brochure for the Spring 2018 intake will be posted shortly.
- The next programme will launch in Spring 2018. We will host an information session early in 2018 and registration details for this event will be published soon.
How to apply
Places on Go Global are strictly limited and a competitive application process applies. The online application process will open soon.
The closing date for receipt of applications for the spring 2018 intake will be advertised soon.
Express your Interest
If you are interested in learning more, would like to talk to a member of the team and wish to be included on our mailing list, please email us at:
For further information, please contact: