|Agenda - Day 1 - September 18, 2018|
|Aviva Stadium, Dublin|
|8:00am||Arrival & Registration|
|8:30am - 8:45am||Welcome|
Jonathan Healy - Broadcaster and Journalist
Kevin Sherry, Executive Director, Global Business Development, Enterprise Ireland
|08:45am - 9.00am||Ministerial Address|
Pat Breen T.D.
Minister for State for Trade, Employment, Business, EU Digital Single Market and Data Protection
|9:00am - 10:00am||Challenges of the Day|
C-level executives from health systems across the US and Canada reflect on the major healthcare challenges of the day, as well as the operational ‘pain-points’ they face in their individual organisations. What steps are these leaders taking to harness technology and innovation for the advancement of healthcare delivery?
Moderator - Dave Shanahan - Board Member, Enterprise Ireland
- Michelle Conger, Chief Strategy Officer, OSF Healthcare
- Brian Donley, CEO, Cleveland Clinic UK
- Arden Krystal, CEO Southlake Regional Hospital
- Rob MacIasac, CEO & President, Hamilton Health Sciences
- David Longworth, Interim CEO, Lahey Hospital & Medical Center
|10:00am - 10:30am||Health Innovation in Ireland|
Overview of Ireland’s health innovation eco-system and Enterprise Ireland’s role in supporting the commercialization and growth of world-class healthcare technologies.
Deirdre Glenn – Director, Lifesciences & Food Commercialization and Manager of Lifesciences Sector Market Department, Enterprise Ireland
|10:30am - 10:50am||Coffee Break|
|11:50am - 11:30am||Navigating the Maze: Perspectives on Health Insurance and Reimbursement |
Global healthcare costs, due in part to aging populations, increasing prevalence of chronic conditions and rising obesity levels, are at an all-time high and increasing at an unsustainable pace. This puts pressure on healthcare providers to pursue reimbursement strategies that deliver the most value for their patients.
Focused on the United States, this session will shed light on the current trends in health insurance and healthcare reimbursement, offering valuable insight for innovators seeking to make a difference in the system.
L.E.K. is a global strategy consulting firm with clients and presence in the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. With decades of hands-on expertise with payers, providers and other constituents, LEK works closely with senior executives in healthcare organisations across the globe to diagnose issues and develop and implement performance improvement plans.
- Kevin Grabenstatter, Managing Director Healthcare Services, LEK Consulting
- Tom Rekart, Executive in Residence, LEK Consulting
- Bill Frack, Managing Director and Partner, Healthcare Services, LEK Consulting
|11:30am - 12:30pm||Healthcare: Embracing Deep Technology|
Healthcare is frequently criticized for lagging behind other industries in its adoption of new and novel technologies. With the dawn of the deep technology era, how can providers harness the benefits of AI and blockchain in improving patient outcomes, all the while combatting the challenges posed by cybersecurity and data privacy?
Moderator: Martin Kelly and Chandana Fotzgerald, Health XL
- 15 mins fireside interview with Chris Coburn, Partners Healthcare, followed by panel discussion.
- Iris Berman, VP Telehealth Services, Northwell Health
- Ron Johnson, Chief Information Officer, Eastern Health
- Robyn Muzeka, Technology Innovation Lead, Adventist
|12:30pm - 1:30pm||Lunch|
|1:30pm - 2:30pm||An Irish Perspective: Adding Value to North American Health Systems|
Representatives of successful Enterprise Ireland companies discuss best practices and pitfalls when navigating the US & Canadian healthcare markets. This session will offer valuable insights for other companies looking towards North America, and presents an opportunity for providers to see how ‘the other side’ thinks.
Moderator: Linda Moulton - Chief Operating Officer, Village Health Work
- Aoife Ni Mhuiri, CEO, Salaso
- Dr. Frank Dolphin, Chairman, RelateCare
- Noel O’Hanlon, CEO, Genesis Automation
- Eileen Duffy, Associate Director, Aerogen
- Mark McCloskey, President & Founder, Oneview
|2:30pm - 3:00pm||Northwell Health, Keynote|
Michael Dowling, CEO & President of Northwell Health, describes his vision of healthcare provision and how Northwell’s partnership with Enterprise Ireland gives their innovation agenda a competitive advantage.
|3.00pm - 3:20pm||Coffee Break|
|3:20pm - 4:30pm||Sourcing, Procuring and Adopting Innovation|
How do health systems identify problems and find ways of solving them? Discussion of the spectrum that comprises of internal innovation and R&D, right through to external ‘off-the-shelf’ procurement.
Moderator: Dr Alice Kirby, Healthcare Innovation Expert
Panel 1) In-house Innovation and The Value of Partnerships: A blended approach?
- Donna Drummond, Managing Director, True North Enterprises and SVP, Northwell Health
- Rick Wassel, SVP Innovation and Partnering, Adventist Health Florida
- Ted Scott, Vice President Research & Chief Innovation Officer, Hamilton Health Sciences
Panel 2) Supply Chain Excellence
Senior procurement and supply chain executives give their view on the nuts and bolts of healthcare procurement, and how it should align with broader supply chain goals.
- Curtis Lancaster, VP Supply Chain, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical
- Stathis Antoniades, COO Lahey Health
- Phyllis McCready, VP & Chief Procurement Officer, Northwell Health
|4:30pm - 4:45pm||Ministerial Address/Day 1 Close|
Heather Humphries T.D.
Minister for Business, Enterprise & Innovation
|4:45pm - 6:30pm||Networking Reception, Aviva Stadium|
|Agenda - Day 2 - September 19, 2018|
|Aviva Stadium, Dublin|
|8:00am - 8:30am||Arrival and Networking|
|8:30am - 8:40am||Enteprise Ireland Welcome|
Joe Meaney, Divisional Manager, Industrial, Life Sciences & Consumer Products, Enterprise Ireland
|8:40am - 1.00pm||International Health System Best Practice Discussions|
|8:40am - 9.15am|
'Stay Left, Shift Left - A digital health innovation agenda for Ireland, and beyond.’
Martin Curley, Chief Information Officer, Health Service Executive
|09:15am - 10.00am|
Panel: System-Wide Connectivity & Patient Engagement
Moderator: Pat O’ Mahony – CEO, Clinical Research Development Ireland
- Dr Sarah Muttitt, Chief Information Officer and VP of Information Management and Technology, The Hospital for Sick Children
- Mary Day, CEO Ireland East Hospital Group TBC
- Bert Chancellor, Executive Director – IS Business, Loma Linda University
|10.00am - 10:30am||Coffee Break|
|10:30am - 11:00am||Keynote US: Peter O’ Neill, Executive Director, Cleveland Clinic Innovations|
|11:00am - 11.45am||Panel: Instilling a Culture of Innovation in Healthcare|
Moderator: Colman Casey – CEO, Health Innovation Hub Ireland
- David Diamond, CEO, Eastern Health
- Colette Cowan, CEO, University of Limerick Hospital Group
- Becky Buchen, VP Performance Development, OSF Healthcare
|11:45am - 01.00pm||Panel: Persuing Value-Based Innovation|
Moderator: Simon Samaha
- Robert Bull, VP Finance, Technology, Innovation, Chief Financial Officer & Chief Information Officer, Southlake Regional Health Centre
- Anderson Chuck, Senior Program Officer, Financial Planning, Alberta Health Services
- Stephen Demers, Senior Vice President, Ambulatory and Clinical Services, Lahey Hospital & Medical Center
- Lyndon Edward, SVP Adult Hospital Services, Loma Linda University Health
|1:00pm - 1:15pm||Closing Remarks|
Deirdre Glenn, Director, Lifesciences & Food Commercialisation and Lifesciences Sector Manager, Enterprise Ireland
|1.15pm - 2:00pm||Lunch|
|2.00pm - 4:30pm||Structured one-to-one meetings with EI clients|
|4:30pm - 5:00pm||Guided tour of Aviva Stadium, international guests|