Overview of the “Cleveland Clinic and Enterprise Ireland Clinical Innovation Award”
The award aims to support clinicians in Ireland in the translation of their innovative ideas into benefits for the health care system and medical technologies sectors. Cleveland Clinic and Enterprise Ireland would like to recognise the importance of clinical innovation by presenting the ‘Clinical Innovation Award 2013’. The award will recognise innovative technologies at all stages of development from concept, early stage research through to more advanced projects. Projects must address a gap or need in patient care. For successful projects, Enterprise Ireland can help identify engineers/scientists in the 3rd level to collaborate with to drive the opportunity forward.
Am I Eligible?
- Clinicians in hospitals, third level institutions and non-profit research organisations are eligible to apply.
- Healthcare professionals such as radiologists, clinical psychologists and occupational therapists are also eligible.
- If the clinical innovation is already in a company, the idea is not eligible for the award.
- Applicants will have ongoing clinical commitments in the Irish health service.
This award will provide a grant of €15,000 and the opportunity to work with Cleveland Clinic and Enterprise Ireland to develop the commercial feasibility of an innovative idea that could meet an unmet market need.
How do I apply?
- Download the Clinical Innovation Award 2013 Application Form (Word format).
- Email a copy of the proposal as a single MS WORD document to:
Assessment Criteria and Evaluation Process
Proposals evaluated by Enterprise Ireland and Cleveland Clinic will consider the following:
- The size of the commercial opportunity;
- Advantages of the proposed solution;
- Technical innovation in terms of both novelty and feasibility.
Closing Date for Applications
The Clinical Innovation Award is currently open with a closing date of 15th August 2013. The award will be announced at Med-in-Ireland on the 23rd October, 2013.
For further information, please contact:
Life Science and Food
East Point Business Park
Tel. +353 1 727 2671
For more information on programmes and supports for commercialisation of college-based research, go to Researchers.