The aim of the First Flight Programme is to save you time and expense, and to help you manage the risk associated with entering new markets. The First Flight Programme is designed to assist companies seeking to export for the first time. It is also of benefit to companies that are currently exporting and planning to target and sell into new markets.
The First Flight Programme offers a systematic approach tailored to helping companies research, prepare and develop an export strategy including
- Appointment of a First Flight Mentor: Participants can apply for a First Flight Mentor to assist in undertaking an Export Readiness Assessment and the development and implementation of a First Flight Action Plan.
- Access to business intelligence: First Flight participants can access general and premium market information and advice (including information on markets, technologies, sectors and competitors) via our client Information Centre.
- Advice on applying for other Enterprise Ireland supports for export development.
The First Flight Programme is of benefit if you:
- are a company that is trading successfully on the Irish market and want to understand what is involved in selling your product or service on export markets.
- are a High Potential Start-up (HPSU) company developing your export plans.
- want to learn about the key factors that will contribute to the success of your company’s export plans.
- want to hone your capability to successfully grow your business overseas.
- want to work with dedicated First Flight Mentors to address the specific export needs and plans of your business.
You are eligible to apply for this funding if you are one of the following:
Companies must not be eligible to receive the support applied for from An Bord Bia or An Bord Iascaigh Mhara.
- First Flight Mentor: Enterprise Ireland cover 100% of the Mentor cost.
- Enterprise Ireland clients should contact their Development Adviser.
- If you are a client of a City or County Enterprise Board, you should apply directly to their relevant Enterprise Board.
You can apply for a First Flight Mentor all year.
For applications and further information, please contact:
Tel: +353 1 727 2867
Download the First Flight UK brochure [pdf format] to learn more about the First Flight Process.
For more detailed information on the First Flight Programme and other supports to help you develop your export selling capabilities, go to our Develop Export Selling Capabilities Section
For more information on Exporting from Ireland, go our Export Section.