The purpose of the Competitive Start Fund is to accelerate the growth of start-up companies that have the capability to succeed in global markets. The fund is designed to enable those companies reach key commercial and technical milestones, for example:
- Evaluate overseas market opportunities and reach firm conclusions regarding the viability of the proposed business.
- Build a prototype.
- Secure a reference site.
- Develop a market entry plan for exploiting international opportunities.
- Secure partnership deal or strategic alliance.
- Identify suitable channels to international markets.
- Secure third party investment e.g. business angel, Venture Capital.
All applications to the Competitive Start Fund must be made via the Enterprise Ireland online application system during call open dates. The next two calls for applications to the Competitive Start Fund are as follows:
- A call for applications for Female Entrepreneurs from female-led companies active in Manufacturing and Internationally Traded Services opened on Wednesday 30th October, 2013 and will close on Wednesday 27th November, 2013 at 3pm.
- A call for applications for those active in the ICT & Industrial Sectors including the following subsectors: Internet, Games, Apps, Mobile, SaaS, Cloud Computing, Enterprise Software, Lifesciences, Food, Cleantech and Industrial Products closed on Wednesday 16th October, 2013 at 3pm.
Late applications will not be accepted.
This fund is open to applications from early stage companies who meet the eligibility criteria outlined below. All applications to the fund must be made via the Enterprise Ireland Online Application System.
Key contact/more information
For more information on the Competitive Start Fund, please contact:
Tel: + 353 1 727 2202 (9am - 5pm)
If you are not a client of Enterprise Ireland and want to learn more about qualifying and applying for Enterprise Ireland’s High Potential Start-Up supports, go to our Start a Business Section