The purpose of the Competitive Start Fund is to accelerate the growth of start-up companies that have the capability to succeed in global markets. The fund is designed to enable those companies reach key commercial and technical milestones, for example:
- Evaluate overseas market opportunities and reach firm conclusions regarding the viability of the proposed business.
- Build a prototype.
- Secure a reference site.
- Develop a market entry plan for exploiting international opportunities.
- Secure partnership deal or strategic alliance.
- Identify suitable channels to international markets.
- Secure third party investment e.g. business angel, Venture Capital.
All applications to the Competitive Start Fund must be made via the Enterprise Ireland online application system during call open dates.
Competitive Start Fund 2014 Call Dates
(Please note these dates are subject to change)
Call Open Date
Call Close Date
|CSF 18||All Sectors, including ICT & Industrial||4th June 2014||18th June 2014 at 3pm|
|CSF 19||Graduate Entrepreneurship||9th July 2014||23rd July 2014 at 3pm|
|CSF 20||All Sectors, including ICT & Industrial||27th August 2014||10th September 2014|
|CSF 21||Female Entrepreneurship||12th November 2014||26th November 2014|
Competitive Start Fund in 2013
To date, over 200 companies have been offered funding through the Competitive Start Fund. The following list of 85 companies were offered CSF in 2013.
Key contact/more information
For more information on the Competitive Start Fund, please contact:
Tel: + 353 1 727 2202 (9am - 5pm)
If you are not a client of Enterprise Ireland and want to learn more about qualifying and applying for Enterprise Ireland’s High Potential Start-Up supports, go to our Start a Business Section