The purpose of the Competitive Start Fund is to accelerate the growth of start-up companies that have the capability to succeed in global markets. The fund is designed to enable those companies reach key commercial and technical milestones, for example:
- Evaluate overseas market opportunities and reach firm conclusions regarding the viability of the proposed business.
- Build a prototype.
- Secure a reference site.
- Develop a market entry plan for exploiting international opportunities.
- Secure partnership deal or strategic alliance.
- Identify suitable channels to international markets.
- Secure third party investment e.g. business angel, Venture Capital.
All applications to the Competitive Start Fund must be made via the Enterprise Ireland online application system during call open dates.
Competitive Start Fund 2015 Call Dates
PLEASE NOTE: The Calls for Graduate Entrepreneurship and All Sectors opened on 1st April 2015 and CLOSED on 15th April, 2015.
|No. 26||Manufacturing & Agri||16-Sep||30-Sep||02-Nov||13-Nov|
|No. 27||All Sectors||16-Sep||30-Sep||23-Nov||04-Dec|
|No. 28||Female Entrepreneurship||11-Nov||25-Nov||11-Jan||23-Jan|
Competitive Start Fund in 2014
To date the following companies were offered CSF in 2014:
Competitive Start Fund in 2013
To date, over 200 companies have been offered funding through the Competitive Start Fund. The following list of 85 companies were offered CSF in 2013.
Key contact/more information
For more information on the Competitive Start Fund, please contact:
Tel: + 353 1 727 2202 (9am - 5pm)
If you are not a client of Enterprise Ireland and want to learn more about qualifying and applying for Enterprise Ireland’s High Potential Start-Up supports, go to our Start a Business Section