Enterprise Ireland is the Irish agency responsible for helping Irish companies to participate in the Seventh EU Framework Programme (FP7)
The Seventh EU Framework Programme, known as FP7, has a budget of €50 billion over its 7 year timeframe which ends in 2013. FP7 offers valuable opportunities to companies of all sizes based in Ireland to participate in high-quality research collaborations with their European counterparts, with the support of EU funding.
Collaborative Research will form the bulk and core of the FP7 programme, fostering collaborative research across Europe through transnational consortia of industry and academia. Research will centre on ten main thematic areas:
- Food, agriculture and fisheries and biotechnology
- Information and communication technologies
- Nanosciences, nanotechnologies, materials and new production technologies
- Environment (including climate change)
- Transport (including aeronautics)
- Socio-economic sciences and the humanities
We have a website dedicated to making FP7 accessible to Irish companies and researchers. Visit FP7 Ireland website for full details on the programme and Irish national contact points.
Grant support for preparing an FP7 Proposal
Under the Enterprise Ireland Technical Feasibility Grant clients of Enterprise Ireland can apply for financial assistance towards the cost of preparing an FP7 proposal. This support is available to Enterprise Ireland clients who are:
- manufacturing, an internationally traded services companies;
- an individual or group who wish to develop a Business Plan.
High Potential Start-Up (HPSU) clients of Enterprise Ireland interested in developing an FP7 collaborative research project can use the HPSU Feasibility grant get support to towards the cost of preparing an FP7 proposal.