International Science Comes to Ireland - 5 Nobel Laureats, the Heads of CERN, NASA and the ESA. 470 speakers, 5,000 delegates and 300 International Science Journalists
Download Spring 2012
- R&D with the IT Factor: Irish Software Companies are Defining a Research Agenda to Deliver
- Europe's Silicon Valley: There's an app for that - Ex Apple engineer Mike Lee goes Dutch with Appsterdam
- Target Market: Space - Doing Business with the European Space Agency
- Full Team Ahead: Forging Innovation Partnerships for New Product Development
- Ireland's Up and Coming Science Start-ups: Young companies designated as High Potential Start-ups in 2011
From Concept to Commercial Reality: How Inventions from Irish Labs are Making it to the Marketplace
| | |
Download Jan/Feb 2012
- Leading the Race to Turn Tides: OpenHydro set to power the world's first large-scale tidal energy installation
- Brussels Unveils its New Innovation Support Programme: How Europe will support R&D after FP7
- Get the Credit Your R&D Deserves: The tax credit scheme is set to be even more attractive for SMEs in 2012
- Can't Get the Staff: The software industry is looking for creative ways to get talent onboard
- Time to Open Up: Opening up public data to benefit businesses and society
The Sweet Taste of Success: Innovation Success Stories from the Heart of the Recession
Download Nov/Dec 2011
- Show me the Money: A look at Ireland's seed and venture capital scene
- Packing a Punch: Trends in sustainable and stand-out packaging
- Seven Tips for Success: Insiders pass on their secrets for winning European funding
- Operation Transformation - One Year on: Participants in first year of the Lean Business Programme shape up and shed waste
- Live and Kicking: Out from the shadows - Ireland's home grown electronics industry has lots of spark
Big Data: Mining for Meaning - How Data Mining is Bringing Order to Chaos
Download Sept/Oct 2011
- Ready for the Big Splash?: Are dairy processors ready for the end to milk quotas in 2015?
- Securing Europe: Over €240m in European funding for civil security R&D
- Power to the People: SolarPrint takes solar power innovation from the lab to the marketplace
- Joining the Dots: A look at Ireland's connected health sector
- Remote Control: A case study in expanding from hardware to online services
More Efficient Manufacturing - The Research Networks That Aim To Make Manufacturing More Efficient
Download Jul/Aug 2011
- It's Your Call: Europe to launch €10 billion research call.
- Doctor's Little Helpers: Young Irish companies innovating to make healthcare better.
- Making A Material Difference: The industry research centres specialising in materials and medical device.
- Upwardly Mobile: Interview with dotMobi CEO Trey Harvin.
- The Power Behind The Cloud: A bluffer's guide to data centres.
Text, Tap, Touch...Talk - The Slow But Inevitable Rise of Voice as the Primary Enabler of Human-Machine Communication
Download May/Jun 2011
- The Sky's The Limit: The rise of mobile satellite services.
- Nanotech Bites: Nanotechnology gets its teeth into the food industry.
- Designers Make Things Better: How professional product designers can help companies up their game.
- Waste Not, Want Not: Waging war on inefficiencies with lean business.
- Let's Get Social: Customer Relationship Management meets Social Networking.
The Blue Challenge - Protecting Planet Earth's Most Precious Resource and Irish Companies Role To Play
Download Mar/Apr 2011
- Decoding the Square: What are those pixelated squares now appearing on everything from billboards to coffee mugs?
- Man and Machine: Embedding computers, microchips and high-tech implants in humans.
- Wanted: Skilled Tech Professionals: The skills shortage in the ICT sector.
- Smart Product Development: The customer and regulators are kings when it comes to medical innovation.
Picture Perfect - Two Irish Companies Whose Images are Turning Heads
Download Jan/Feb 2011
- When Food Gets Personal: How do our genes and diet interact?
- Game On: What are the opportunities for Irish games developers?
- Changing With The Times: Prof Barry Smyth on catching web trends and linking people with information.
- Making Europe More Innovative: Europe's designs on supporting innovation.
- Taking The Wireless Pulse: The wireless future of health monitoring in Ireland.
Washed Up Wealth - What Secrets Lie Within Seaweed?
Download Nov/Dec 2010
- Horse Sense: Epona Biotech on assessing horse health at the stable door.
- Securing The Cloud: Keeping your data safe.
- A Chat With: Dr Mark Heffernan from Opsona Therapeutics.
- Appetite For Apps: Cashing in on the market for apps.
Look What's Cooking - Irish Companies Undertaking In-House Research With Support From the R&D Fund
Download Sep/Oct 2010
- Fanning The Flames: Firecomms CEO on Declan O'Mahoney on nurturing a spin-out.
- The Resource Grab For Critical Metals: Under pressure: rare and critical metals for hi-tech and environmental goods.
- Man And The Machines: Modern wireless networks are blowing open the potential of machine-to-machine comunication.
- Fast-Track Learning For Internet Entrepreneurs: Recruitment underway for the second Internet Growth Acceleration Programme (iGAP2).
Get Ready To Claim Your Share - Europe's €50 Billion R&D Budget: One Date, Over 50 Calls For Proposals And Thousands Of Opportunities
Download Jul/Aug 2010
- Ireland's Woman In Brussels: Maire Geoghegan-Quinn talks about Europe's research and innovation agenda.
- Tax Exemption For Patent Royalties: How it works and why it matters.
- A Foot In The Door With Big Pharma: A focus on the Innovative Medicines Initiative - the EU's major R&D programme for the pharma industry.
- Taking On The Lean Challenge: Embarking on lean business - the supports and benefits.
Diving Into Ocean Innovation - Marrying Our Marine Resource With Established ICT Capability
Download May/Jun 2010
- Is Your Company Sitting On A Potential Spinout? Spinouts can emerge from corporates as well as colleges.
- Creating A More Innovative Ireland: Innovation Taskforce recommendations relevant to SMEs.
- Putting The Functional Into Irish Foods: Why aren't there more Irish functional food product launches?
- Take Three Tech Companies: A look at three of Ireland's newest science and tech companies.
How Great Business Ideas Are Born - Generating New Ideas For Product Development
Download Mar/Apr 2010
- Even Better Than The Real Thing: Why augmented reality could be the next killer application.
- Does This Sound Like You? Is there a typical entrepreneurial profile? Do you fit it?
- Innovation Funding - Especially For You: A European R&D support programme for SMEs.
- Short-Cut To New Product Development: Technology acquisition for SMEs and entrepreneurs.
Closing The Floodgates - Europe's New Initiative For Environmental And Security Monitoring
Download Jan/Feb 2010
- Live And Unplugged: What's hot in wireless sensor network research.
- Cost-Effective Researchers And Training: Support available through the 'SME friendly' Marie Curie programme.
- Tiny Technology: Big Applications: Nanotechnology - manufacturing's miniscule future.
- Connecting The000s and 111s: Transferring software R&D into industry.
Seize The Power - Green Your IT Department And Shrink Your Manufacturing Energy Bill
Download Nov/Dec 2009
- Meet Your Friendly, Local R&D Partner: Help from your regional Applied Research Enhancement centre.
- From Lab To Lab: Vaccines under the microscope.
- EU Re-Directs R&D Funding To Industry: Support for construction, manufacturing and automotives.
- Build IT, Share IT, Profit: Could the open-source trend take hold in manufacturing?