Irish Telecoms and Mobile Companies to Showcase New Products for the US market at CTIA in New Orleans
Mountain View, Calif., – 2nd May 2012 – Over 30 Irish telecoms and wireless companies are travelling to New Orleans, Louisiana with Enterprise Ireland this week to participate in this year’s CTIA Wireless Conference 2012 on May 8-10.
The show is expected to attract over 40,000 attendees. This year, Accuris Networks, Altobridge, Cellusys, Shenick Network Systems, WEBTEXT, Vordel and 10n2 Technologies will all be exhibiting at the Enterprise Ireland Pavilion, Hall F, Booth #5343.
Adaptive Mobile, Silansys Semiconductor, Taoglas and The Now Factory will also be joining the growing number of Irish companies to team with Enterprise Ireland for the show. Already well entrenched in the US market, these companies have technologies that solve the problem of network congestion, bring innovation to marketing and communication strategies with advanced SMS solutions, and offer solutions for safer use of smart phones.
Enterprise Ireland has also launched a website especially for CTIA at http://ctiaireland.com that includes a blog with the latest CTIA and telecom market news in the run up to and throughout the show.
David Smith, of Enterprise Ireland’s Silicon Valley Office said, “We are seeing great opportunity and growth in the telecoms market in 2012. Irish companies are capitalising on the market challenges of Wi-Fi Offload and network congestion, and we’ve got some great companies with solutions in that space. The whole idea of value added services and helping carriers to avoid being a dumb pipe are also key, as is the concept of mobile money, which will be big in 2014. It will be an interesting few months ahead as Irish technology companies make the most mergers and spectrum reallocation to drive product sales and company growth in the Americas.”
The following companies will announce news at CTIA 2012:
- 10n2 Technologies will announce general availability of its "No Texting while Driving" cloud-based mobile app for business.
- Shenick Network Systems announced that it has expanded its per-flow IP test systems to test quality of experience (QoE) of 4G networks for next generation services such as Voice over LTE (VoLTE) and streaming video.
- Accuris Networks will announce that it has joined forces with Acme Packet to launch the first complete Wi-FiMobile inter working solution, which gives mobile operators a way to extend network coverage and network capacity to Wi-Fi, provide carrier-grade security and offer value-added services even when users offload to Wi-Fi networks.
- Altobridge recently announced that it has purchased the exclusive, worldwide, mobile backhaul rights to an intellectual property suite, comprising proprietary data optimization capabilities, from leading industry player, Replify. (See release: http://www.altobridge.com/2012/04/02/altobridge-acquisition-of-key-mobile-data-optimisation-technology-bridges-mobile-broadband-divide/
- Webtext announced that its SMS Gateway Service is compliant with key contact center solutions from Avaya, a global provider of business collaboration systems, software and services. It is the only company to be certified for inbound and outbound SMS text messages. (See release: http://www.webtext.com/webtext-solution-now-rated-avaya-compliant/)
- Cellusys announced today that it is officially launching its SMS Firewall, SMS Parental Control and RoamManagement Solutions to the wireless market in the US, Canada and South America.
- Vordel will launch a Mobile Gateway solution that adds mobile API connectivity to enterprise applications.
For further information, please contact:
Phone: +353 1 7272284
Mobile: +353 87 2043435