Enterprise Ireland Commercialisation Fund
The Enterprise Ireland Commercialisation Fund Programme aims to convert the outputs of state funded research into innovative new products, services and companies. The Programme supports researchers in Higher Education Institutions and Research Performing Organisations to undertake research that has the potential to result in the commercialisation of new innovations by way of licenses to improve the competitiveness of Irish Industry or through the spin out of new start-up ventures.
Under the Commercialisation Fund, you can:
Apply for a Commercial Case Feasibility Grant to investigate, scope and develop a commercial case for your innovation or projectidea
Researchers, in partnership with their Technology Transfer Office (or equivalent office), can apply for a Commercial Case Feasibility Grant to:
- Perform Market analysis and validation
- Profile the competitor landscape
- Perform Patent landscaping and develop the IP strategy
- Investigate potential routes to exploitation to the economic benefit of Ireland
- Understand relevant regulatory issues or other barriers/hurdles to commercialisation
- Create a small demonstration or early prototype
Apply for Commercialisation Fund Project Support to develop and commercialise your innovation
Funding is available to researchers to undertake research projects that address a gap or need in the market by developing innovations that:
- can be commercialised in Ireland
- will be licensable ideally within 2-5 years
- can lead to the establishment of a start-up company
Apply for Commercialisation Fund Project Support.
Clinical Innovation Award
The award aims to support clinicians in Ireland in the translation of their innovative ideas into benefits for the health care system and medical technologies sectors. Cleveland Clinic and Enterprise Ireland recognise the importance of clinical innovation by annually presenting the ‘Clinical Innovation Award’. The award recognises innovative technologies at all stages of development from concept, early stage research through to more advanced projects. Projects must address a gap or need in patient care. For successful projects, Enterprise Ireland can help identify engineers/scientists in the 3rd level to collaborate with to drive the opportunity forward.