Funding to Commercialise Research
Enterprise Ireland Commercialisation Fund
The Enterprise Ireland Commercialisation Fund Programme aims to convert the outputs of state funded research into innovative new products, services and companies. The Programme supports researchers in Higher Education Institutions and Research Performing Organisations to undertake research that has the potential to result in the commercialisation of new innovations by way of licenses to improve the competitiveness of Irish Industry or through the spin out of new start-up ventures.
For more information on the Commercialisation Fund Programme-download and listen to our webinar.
Under the Commercialisation Fund, you can:
Apply for a Commercial Case Feasibility Grant to investigate, scope and develop a commercial case for your innovation or project idea
Researchers, in partnership with their Technology Transfer Office (or equivalent office), can apply for a Commercial Case Feasibility Grant to:
- Perform Market analysis and validation
- Profile the competitor landscape
- Perform Patent landscaping and develop the IP strategy
- Investigate potential routes to exploitation to the economic benefit of Ireland
- Understand relevant regulatory issues or other barriers/hurdles to commercialisation
- Create a small demonstration or early prototype
Apply for Commercialisation Fund Project Support to develop and commercialise your innovation
Funding is available to researchers to undertake research projects that address a gap or need in the market by developing innovations that:
- can be commercialised in Ireland
- will be licensable ideally within 2-5 years
- can lead to the establishment of a start-up company
Apply for Commercialisation Fund Project Support.