Skills that will enable you to get international sales channels right first time
About the workshop
This workshop is focused on the process and skills required to identify, develop and build an effective Partner Sales Strategy and Channel. The workshop is in three stages as follows:
Stage One - Partner Skills Development Workshop
A one day highly interactive “Partner Skills Development Workshop” ideally focused on companies that have a strategic goal to drive international indirect sales through and with partner organisations. This may include companies that are at the beginning of the cycle in developing overseas sales channels, as well as organisations which have had experience working with in-market partners but recognise the need to revisit and improve partnering skills.
The workshop will include a variety of modules, practical exercises and opportunities for interaction and group discussion, in addition to providing high-level skills transfer and consultancy to participating companies.
The objectives of the workshop include:
- Accelerating the timeline to revenue success through effective Partner Strategy and planning.
- Coaching relevant attending personnel on the skills and capabilities required to build a profitable partner channel.
- Providing “best practice” materials and templates to set out how an organisation can scale an effective partner channel.
Stage Two - Channel Development Business Plan
At the end of the workshop, delegates will be asked to complete their own company’s “Partner Value Proposition” and high level “Partner Strategy” for the next 12 month period. Process flow documentation and best practice templates provided during the workshop can support delegates through this process.
The objective of completing this exercise is to enable attending organisations to apply the methodology and considerations addressed in the workshop to create an initial Partner Strategy that will yield a return for their individual company.
Stage Three - Implementation Skills Review - within two weeks of workshop
A subsequent 2-hour one-to-one “Implementation Skills Review” session to discuss and assess the completed plan and provide guidance and input into implementation. The review will take place within a maximum of two weeks following the workshop, one on one with each participating company and will provide the opportunity for specific areas of discussion and advice on how to reduce risk during implementation.
Who should attend?
This workshop is aimed at Senior Business Decision Makers.
Workshop date & venue
The workshop takes place on Tuesday 5th March, 2013.
The venue for the workshop and follow-up implementation skills review sessions is Enterprise Ireland, The Plaza, East Point Business Park, Dublin 3.
- Caroline Egan is the founder and Managing Director of Giant Step Services Ltd. With over 20 years experience of developing and executing successful alliances and channel strategies in Europe, Caroline has identified best practices and methodologies that provide a firm basis for highly effective and executable partner models. Caroline has held senior positions at a number of IT software vendors including: Microsoft UK; Arbor Software (Hyperion); Remedy and Informix. More recently, Caroline has held influential roles, within Microsoft UK, as Partner Manager and Industry Partner Lead for a number of priority business sectors including public, healthcare, retail and manufacturing. Caroline transformed Microsoft's partner strategy in each of these sectors, creating a highly effective and easily managed influence partner revenue model. Today, Caroline is a highly respected channels and alliances consultant, trusted by major software vendors and their partners to develop and execute strategic engagement plans that deliver results and drive significant incremental revenue.
- Chris Hill - A member of the Giant Step team since 2011, Chris has twenty years’ sales and marketing experience with international companies, operating at board level. Chris offers insight into the challenges involved in taking new products to new and existing markets in both start-up and rescue situations. Chris’ specialty is building local and international channels for companies looking to identify opportunity and create growth. Chris offers experience of recruiting and directing pan-European distributors, value added resellers and business development teams, creating an environment where stakeholders create and share best practices for the benefit of the customer and the business.
|10:00||What is Partnering?|
|11:15||Developing a Partner Strategy|
|15:00||Partner Channel Management|
There is a €300 fee per company for this programme and a maximum of ten companies will participate in the programme. This represents a 70% subsidy from Enterprise Ireland.
To register for this workshop, please read our Terms and Conditions and then click on the 'Register Now' button.
For enquiries with regard to this workshop, please contact:
Tel: +353 1 7272734
Back to: Excel at Export Selling homepage